• ...and so much more!
  • Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    The only good answer is a workout pool, 4 to 5 foot deep where your knees are not subject to the effects of gravity, just what the Dr. ordered. All you need is a skid steer and a shit pot of concrete, right?
    It’s a few years late to help with diabetics but I now have a pool and use it daily.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Anything that tastes good?

SPIT IT OUT! RIGHT NOW!

You can have some meat, a little cheese/dairy...

All the salad yinz kin stand...

Go easy on .......bread, rice, taters, corn & such....(as in...yer allowed to look at a picture of these...once in a while......l'd 'bout kill a feller fer a big plate of home made POTATO PANCAKES!...heck, even a good scoop of home made smashed taters w/GRAVY!)

Cain't have gravy...be flour in gravy.....

Even with care in diet & lots of exercise (am pedaling stationary bike for 8 miles daily...gets my heart rate up)....my blood glucose level is going up.....

Cucumbers, green peas & green peppers are said to naturally lower blood glucose....

Have reached the point? If I never ate another blame salad? Be six months too soon....(had tuna salad on toast fer breakfast, will have tuna salad for supper) BLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEECH!

You will never "control" the diabetes...with care...you can "manage" it...

Prayer sent...(yer phatt diabetic Central blame Pa phriend...I have lost 50lbs in the last 15 months...still have high glucose numbers)

Later, Mark

I actually like cucumbers, pears and green peppers...

But yeah, I need to head it off and prevent it rather than trying to control it. Wish me luck.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    I actually like cucumbers, pears and green peppers...

But yeah, I need to head it off and prevent it rather than trying to control it. Wish me luck.
    PM sent....

Son #3 (of 4) has also taken off about 50lbs in the last year...

He is pummeling his heavy bag, and cutting back on carbs...

In my case? SIX potato chips will send my blood glucose over 185! (tested two hours after eating...as is "standard" with diabetes)...

I ride the stationary bike, as like you, got bum knees...I can walk 1-1/2 miles at a time...but...it does not raise my heart rate enough to help with my ticker maladies....

The ticker Dr. likes that I can sustain a heart rate of over 100bpm with the stationary bike for over 1/2 hour.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    PM sent....

In my case? SIX potato chips will send my blood glucose over 185! (tested two hours after eating...as is "standard" with diabetes)...

I ride the stationary bike, as like you, got bum knees...I can walk 1-1/2 miles at a time...but...it does not raise my heart rate enough to help with my ticker maladies....

The ticker Dr. likes that I can sustain a heart rate of over 100bpm with the stationary bike for over 1/2 hour.

Yeah, even a bike will tear my knees up. Gonna have to rely on punching Bob to get my heart rate up - 30 or 40 minutes should hopefully do it.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    1692827191787.png

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    PM sent....

Send me the list please. :)

Top Bottom