• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Made a couple of the "Trans Am" series at both Watkins Glen & Nelsons Ledges tracks.

Gosh...been 50yrs......already!

If I recall? Watkins Glen was "slower"/more & sharper turns.

And Nelsons Ledges was "faster"?/more straight aways?....

Mustangs, Camaros & Barracudas........I think? They all ran small blocks...as the 350lbs more iron in a big block changed the balance of the car? (small block about 500lbs vs big block 850lbs)

Saw one fellow using a six pack on a 340 Mopar...every one else used on four barrel. They sure could rev them up (for the day)....

Couple of the Camaros used the 302....That would plain SCREAM!

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This girl is an absolute goon… the wife caught her in the pantry, just helping her self to snacks x)

IMG_8964.jpeg
    IMG_8973.jpeg

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    Pawn Shop, a slice of life.
    I tried a new transfer shop. It's a local pawn shop, as in under 60 miles away. While in there checking out the store (pile of shit guns) a looser came into pawn with a play station, and to pick up his gun. They gave him 10% of the value of the PS5, which covered the 40 bucks he owed to date on the gun. As the door closed behind him I heard an employee say, " he will be back on Monday". Ya gotta wonder where he gets the cash to buy his meth.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Took a trip to Home Depot. I now have a Rheem, gas, 50 gal 12 year warranty, still in the box water heater.
    I also got all of the parts, except the 2 supply lines, to replace my 13 year old, leaking water heater.
    Old water heater is drained and, almost ready to be changed out. Still need to disconnect, un solder the
    pop off valve copper piping. I have all of the parts to bring it up to the new plumbing codes.
    Total cost so far... $923.07. Still need to get a torch, solder and flux. But before I get this, I'm waiting
    on some help to get the new water heater out of my truck. With my partial refund from AHS, my total
    cost should be around $500.00.

With a little luck and God willing, I should have hot water tonight or early in the morning.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    Took a trip to Home Depot. I now have a Rheem, gas, 50 gal 12 year warranty, still in the box water heater.
    I also got all of the parts, except the 2 supply lines, to replace my 13 year old, leaking water heater.
    Old water heater is drained and, almost ready to be changed out. Still need to disconnect, un solder the
    pop off valve copper piping. I have all of the parts to bring it up to the new plumbing codes.
    Total cost so far... $923.07. Still need to get a torch, solder and flux. But before I get this, I'm waiting
    on some help to get the new water heater out of my truck. With my partial refund from AHS, my total

With a little luck and God willing, I should have hot water tonight or early in the morning.
    Let us know how that new lead free solder works. I have done a bit of the 60/40 over the years and I hear lead free is a horse of a different color. That old one is going to weigh about 75 pounds more than the new one, even after draining. I helped a friend in Garland a few years ago. There was about 75 pounds of very fine sand still present after draining.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Let us know how that new lead free solder works. I have done a bit of the 60/40 over the years and I hear lead free is a horse of a different color. That old one is going to weigh about 75 pounds more than the new one, even after draining. I helped a friend in Garland a few years ago. There was about 75 pounds of very fine sand still present after draining.

The harder the water, the worse that problem is. There was over 150 lb of it in my dad's water heater when my brother in law replaced it with my help...a couple of decades worth of settling from the well water out there. It took both of us to get it down the stairs.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania

If I lived a bit closer...I'd be there...We'd have it soldered up in no time....

Do. Get the same brand solder/flux. As in OATEY...

Do Not. Get one brand solder another brand flux....

Do get some sand cloth.....mayhaps a good FITTING BRUSH?

Cleanliness in solder is a good thang....

If'n yinz owned yinz a blame FoRd?....Yinz be in shape! We all do us a bunch o pushin'! :green:

1689968956425.png

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Got the old water heater drained I can push it with one hand. Got a friend coming in the morning.
    We'll unhook all of the lines, water and gas, remove the old heater and put ti in his truck. He will
    take it to the scrap yard. Then we'll put down a new floor and install the new water heater and lines
    The copper will be soldered with Oatey solder and flux. And, yes. It's lead free because that's all they had.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Trigger73
    Top Bottom