• ...and so much more!
  • popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    decided not to work in the back yard. Drank more coffee and then a nap.
    Woke up around noon, ate a sandwich then decided to take the Harley
    for a ride. Upon entering my garage, I noticed water, slowly, running from
    my water heater closet. Luckily I found the leaking water heater before it
    flooded my garage. So, for the last 3 hours, I've called the plumber, no
    answer and while waiting for a call back, I've moved everything from
    in front of the water heater and has it draining. Good news is, it's only
    102 in the garage instead of the outside temp of 107. in the house now
    waiting for the water heater to drain and a call back from the plumber.

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    I ATE A BIG BACON CLASSIC HAMBURGER AND TASTED THE WHOLE THING. EVERY PICKLY ONION PIECE OF BACON MAYO AND MUSTARD!
    WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!

It's amazing the little things you take for granted. Lol the pickles were so intense and crunchy. The red onions were nice and spicy.

the frys were salted cardboard but I don't care. I had to eat it with a fork cause I can't open my mouth enough yet to take a big bite as it will take weeks or months to stretch out all the muscles and tendons from the radiation but I don't care.

I ATE A WHOLE HAMBURGER AND TASTED IT!
    Right on man.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    decided not to work in the back yard. Drank more coffee and then a nap.
    Woke up around noon, ate a sandwich then decided to take the Harley
    for a ride. Upon entering my garage, I noticed water, slowly, running from
    my water heater closet. Luckily I found the leaking water heater before it
    flooded my garage. So, for the last 3 hours, I've called the plumber, no
    answer and while waiting for a call back, I've moved everything from
    in front of the water heater and has it draining. Good news is, it's only
    102 in the garage instead of the outside temp of 107. in the house now
    waiting for the water heater to drain and a call back from the plumber.
    Dang the bad luck.....

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Dang the bad luck.....

Yep. I have American Home shield, insurance on every mechanical and plumbing items in my house. They are who I call and set up, whatever trade I need and whatever the cost is, I only pay $75.00 and AHS pays the rest. So they set up All-Out plumbing.

Plumber called and said he will be here on Friday between 4 and 6 PM. He will check out the water heater, email his report to AHS on Monday and should hear back from AHS by Tuesday to get the OK do replace the water heater. Once they get the OK he would put me on their schedule and they should be here by the end of the week. When he said this, I told his where to go and what to do to his self when he got there and I canceled him. I called AHS back, told them what I was told and that I wanted a plumber who can be here tomorrow.
    So, the new plumber will be here tomorrow between 2 and 4 PM and won't go thru all the crap the 1st idiot said. I told him that I had already shut of the water and gas to the water heater and have it drained. I did this to mainly keep my garage from flooding.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    Yep. I have American Home shield, insurance on every mechanical and plumbing items in my house. They are who I call and set up, whatever trade I need and whatever the cost is, I only pay $75.00 and AHS pays the rest. So they set up All-Out plumbing.

Plumber called and said he will be here on Friday between 4 and 6 PM. He will check out the water heater, email his report to AHS on Monday and should hear back from AHS by Tuesday to get the OK do replace the water heater. Once they get the OK he would put me on their schedule and they should be here by the end of the week. When he said this, I told his where to go and what to do to his self when he got there and I canceled him. I called AHS back, told them what I was told and that I wanted a plumber who can be here tomorrow.
    So, the new plumber will be here tomorrow between 2 and 4 PM and won't go thru all the crap the 1st idiot said. I told him that I had already shut of the water and gas to the water heater and have it drained. I did this to mainly keep my garage from flooding.
    So All-Out plumbing is not all-out to get the job done.
    On a positive side, this is the one time of year a cold shower feels good.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    During the past few weeks and for the 1st time in my life, I've occasionally observed a person with liver failure. Grey with a hint of purple is a disturbing skin tone. :eek:

A nurse said she expects them to pass within 30 days.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas

I have AHS, they did okay on a washer repair though it took a couple weeks to get the part. Supply chain issues
    Plumbing coverage is restricted to the boundaries of the house, main drain line not covered. Bought a big drain cleaner from harbor freight instead.
    AHS could not find a plumber to work on a gas water heater after a week and a half. Could fix it myself but hey, I have AHS! Meanwhile I'm showering in the RV.
    Used it as motivation to install tankless.
    For me their average effectiveness leaves much to be desired. YMMV

Ausländer

Yak Shaving
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2022
    New Braunfels
    We have a Rinnai RL75iP tankless. We are happy with it but did add a recirculating pump to it (our bathroom is on the opposite side of the house compared to the water heater). They have a higher end model with one built in that I would suggest getting so you don't have to have the extra install/plumbing work done.

Last edited:

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Rinnai is the most heard of tankless brand no doubt but, many models have reliability issues. I will pass on the brand.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    I installed the same model Rinnai RL75iP and a recirculation pump, not using the built in Circ-logic, using a remote switch. My water piping is zoned and needed a couple additional thermal cross over valves. Calculate your heat gain and gpm needed but this unit is more than adequate for most homes. 9.4gpm 199000 btu
    We've had it about a year, it sips propane, very efficient and endless hot water is one of those how did I do without it things. This model has a commercial heat exchanger, you can take the max temp beyond the 120° preset limit by setting a couple dip switches, use caution.
    It was not difficult to install, I laid everything out on a plywood backer board beforehand and took a picture, install was a little light plumbing with 3/4" copper. They sell a valve kit for bypass, flushing, etc. I'd recommend you purchase also.
    The concentric venting is a bit of a PITA and expensive. Let me know if you get a non-condensing unit, I have left over vent pipe.
    It's in the laundry room and with the door closed it's not really noticeable but it isn't silent in operation. Quieter than a traditional propane water heater though.
    Rinnai makes a good product IMHO and I'd recommend it. As far as tankless we wouldn't go back, very pleased.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Rinnai is the most heard of tankless brand no doubt but, many models have reliability issues. I will pass on the brand.

The two biggest problems I see that might contribute to premature failure are not adequately capturing/draining condensate and letting it infiltrate the (non-condensing) unit and not taking some action to prevent scaling which will wreck the heat exchanger.
    Time will tell but proper planning, installation and preventative maintenance helps reduce those potential issues.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Trigger73
    Top Bottom