• ...and so much more!
  • Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    I had to lift my oldest greyhound into the car this morning as he couldn't stand or walk. After 8 hours of driving to Savannah I took him to an emergency clinic where he had to be put down from cancer. One day away from 12 years old.
    We are allowed far too short of a time with our furry friends. During that short time we receive all the unconditional love they have.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    2bc1a5918c940d07fe7bd670ce415d3b.jpg

I love it when a plan comes together
    Did you miss everything you shot at too? I used to think that was tv mythos untill I had to qualify with a mini 14. Lol

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I had to lift my oldest greyhound into the car this morning as he couldn't stand or walk. After 8 hours of driving to Savannah I took him to an emergency clinic where he had to be put down from cancer. One day away from 12 years old.
    First, condolences.

Did you use the One in frisco behind target about half a mile? They were very good too us the last 2 digs we had to put down. Good cremation services too.

Again condolences.

ETA I can't remember the last human who died that I cried over. I'm always a blubbering idiot when dogs go. Even the "wife's" dogs. They are so very important to us in ways we don't even register till they are gone.

So again. Condolences. Losing a dog is very tough. Words are never enough.

Over the rainbow Bridge indeed.

The Rainbows Bridge Poem

RainbowBridge.com
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together

Last edited:

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I've had no trouble with mine - it hits what I aim it at. And what my sons aim it at...even 100+ yards away for them.
    I hate them. I qualified well enough but it's no AR or GaRand. I guess I would call them perfectly serviceable at 1 to 200 yards.

But remember we were depending on them as a sniper or overwatch weapon. I just feel better have that person firing an AR in such close proximity than a mini 14. 2 or 2.5 moa is acceptable at 100 yards to make head shots unless the human shield is in play. Then it gets tricky when your target goes from the size of a large cantaloupe to that of an apple with my body parts near that apple.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I hate them. I qualified well enough but it's no AR or GaRand. I guess I would call them perfectly serviceable at 1 to 200 yards.

But remember we were depending on them as a sniper or overwatch weapon. I just feel better have that person firing an AR in such close proximity than a mini 14. 2 or 2.5 moa is acceptable at 100 yards to make head shots unless the human shield is in play. Then it gets tricky when your target goes from the size of a large cantaloupe to that of an apple with my body parts near that apple.

It's not a suitable sniper weapon by any means. But there are many better choices than a 5.56 AR, also. I'm not a big fan of pistol grips on rifles, though, and I like the wood furniture. Plus I have a tendency not to go with what the crowd chooses.

As for over 200 yards...hell, outside a range I've never had more than 50 yards line of sight on anything I've needed to shoot.

Top Bottom