• ...and so much more!
  • Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    With no connection to the @60yo patient or med staff, I observed a colonoscopy recently. There was around 6 people in the OR.

Patient on his side and sedated and BOOM, Doc goes to work shoving scope down his throat. WTH? That's the long way + a lot of hairpin turns. :laughing:
    The cam had a head on collision at what I assume was the Y between esophagus and trachea and I made a muffled grunt (I realized immediately that was a mistake) because it looked painful AND, the patient flinched. Lol Doc removed the scope and gave me a lecture about what "an honor" it is to be allowed in the OR and to conduct myself accordingly. Doc is obese so not w/o his own flaws.

Now for a trip into the exit tunnel. :fuse:

Not sure if it was naturally occurring or introduced by the equipment but there was most often a wave of clear liquid just ahead of the lens, almost as if it were a flush to maintain a clear view. Amazingly clean up there, just a few random dark specs on the walls. Doc collected multiple samples from what appeared to me no different than anything else the lens went past. Perhaps there was something just under the surface my untrained eye didn't catch. I'm happy to report I didn't feel a thing. :green:

Have a good day Moonpie and I hope all your results are negative.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX

tenor.gif

tumblr_m6505rh1sC1qhei2io1_500.gif

More than 12hrs w/o whorin' !
    Y'all should be ashamed.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    No one lose a limb or appendage tonight. If you hear the words "here hold my beer" come out of your or a friend's mouth its time for a full stop to find a sober person to evaluate your plan intervention. Also, while they are the same shape and size Roman candel holders are not made to be stuck in any body cavity for launching.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cz315
    Top Bottom