Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Still no power. I was a little surprised late yesterday when I decided to go into my neighborhood the back way, requiring I go north through the Gosling/99 intersection. Even though power in the area has been restored along all (I thought) the main thoroughfares, the power was still off at that intersection and north of it. Given the awkward way a train parallels 99 and has a light about a half block north of 99, the traffic was completely FUBAR.

A little driving and I realized there was a whole swath of the county from that intersection and going east-northeast that was still without power. The number of trees and fences down in that area is amazing.

We've decided to hunker down until Sunday and just be pleasantly surprised if we get power before then.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Still no power. I was a little surprised late yesterday when I decided to go into my neighborhood the back way, requiring I go north through the Gosling/99 intersection. Even though power in the area has been restored along all (I thought) the main thoroughfares, the power was still off at that intersection and north of it. Given the awkward way a train parallels 99 and has a light about a half block north of 99, the traffic was completely FUBAR.

A little driving and I realized there was a whole swath of the county from that intersection and going east-northeast that was still without power. The number of trees and fences down in that area is amazing.

We've decided to hunker down until Sunday and just be pleasantly surprised if we get power before then.
    I'm a long ways off but if you can figure a way to get it there I got a generator you can use. It's only been test ran once a year and used a little bit during the freeze each of the last 2 years so it works.

I would bring it myself but not in shape to drive that far yet. It's just 2 weeks since radiation ended.

It's gotta be miserable down there without power.

TX14239

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2016
    Does anyone know how to get in touch with a mod regarding a post that disappeared?

I had a shotgun for sale with 4 responses and I can’t open it or find it anywhere.
    890621d70dfc5a9975c569d609658798.jpg

TX14239

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2016
    When I removed the thread I sent you a note. All ads must include a price.

If you'd like me to restore the ad, I will, but you must get on over there and add a price to the listing immediately.

Say the word and I'm happy to help.

Omg!!! I could have sworn I added a price. I feel like an idiot. Yeah, I will put a price immediately. How would I go about finding notes in the future? Sorry, I’ve been here for years, but this is my only sale post. I’m normally more into buying more guns, not selling!

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Omg!!! I could have sworn I added a price. I feel like an idiot. Yeah, I will put a price immediately. How would I go about finding notes in the future? Sorry, I’ve been here for years, but this is my only sale post. I’m normally more into buying more guns, not selling!
    The note I sent you generally shows up when you attempt to access a thread of yours that has been removed.

Come to think of it, I've never had a thread removed so I don't know exactly how this board software is configured to show that to you.

I'll ask the board owner and post back.

TX14239

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2016
    What does everyone typically take for a lake or river day?

I’ve got a 100sqft canopy, a few chairs with tiny attachable umbrellas that came with them, a cooler, some fishing rods, bait/tackle, and a Bluetooth speaker. I normally also keep a NAA Pug in the tacklebox(it floats), unless I’m on the lake because of their regulations.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    What does everyone typically take for a lake or river day?

I’ve got a 100sqft canopy, a few chairs with tiny attachable umbrellas that came with them, a cooler, some fishing rods, bait/tackle, and a Bluetooth speaker. I normally also keep a NAA Pug in the tacklebox(it floats), unless I’m on the lake because of their regulations.
    Beer.

Top Bottom