• ...and so much more!
  • Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    What does everyone typically take for a lake or river day?

I’ve got a 100sqft canopy, a few chairs with tiny attachable umbrellas that came with them, a cooler, some fishing rods, bait/tackle, and a Bluetooth speaker. I normally also keep a NAA Pug in the tacklebox(it floats), unless I’m on the lake because of their regulations.
    A 6 pack of bikini clad hotties.

unless I’m on the lake because of their regulations.
    Huh?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Power came back on about 1pm.

Still need to wait for the house to cool down.

Hope you're next Ben!
    There's something in the air. Electricity came back on 9 minutes ago. Spectrum hasn't caught up and there's no internet yet but I can feel a bit of cool air coming from the vents.

Now, because I have dogs on all sides of me, I need to deal with the fleas that usually make it into the house and die but, this time, they've survived. Bombing the place asap.

Minor problem if I don't have to sweat wet every piece of furniture I come into contact with. :)

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Yeah, my house temp dropped 3 degrees in 1.5 hours.
    Down to 81 now.
    Coincidence. Mine has come down 3 degrees, too.

Of course, we started at 92... :(

ETA - Once when my a/c went out in the middle of summer and it took days to get fixed, the house took 4 days to cool down. The a/c tech who came out after I complained to the company explained that my house had been so hot for so long that the new a/c had to not just chill the air but also cool all the mass inside the house. He pointed out that just my 25k LPs, alone, could soak up so much heat that it would be days before the temp stabilized at a comfy range. Well, that's what happened so I didn't complain any more

I did, however, do some research. I found that in cold climes, some houses are built with sun rooms featuring giant rock or brick masses that directly catch sunlight. Those masses soak up heat in the daytime and give it back at night, lowering heating costs.

So I guess what the a/c guy told me was feasible. I just don't need that mechanism at work in my home..

Last edited:

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Coincidence. Mine has come down 3 degrees, too.

Of course, we started at 92... :(

ETA - Once when my a/c went out in the middle of summer and it took days to get fixed, the house took 4 days to cool down. The a/c tech who came out after I complained to the company explained that my house had been so hot for so long that the new a/c had to not just chill the air but also cool all the mass inside the house. He pointed out that just my 25k LPs, alone, could soak up so much heat that it would be days before the temp stabilized at a comfy range. Well, that's what happened so I didn't complain any more

I did, however, do some research. I found that in cold climes, some houses are built with sun rooms featuring giant rock or brick masses that directly catch sunlight. Those masses soak up heat in the daytime and give it back at night, lowering heating costs.

So I guess what the a/c guy told me was feasible. I just don't need that mechanism at work in my home..
    Had the opposite happen during an ice storm where the inside temp was around 50 or less after a week. Once the power was back, the heat kept constantly running due to the walls being that cold. I thought my electric bill would be less since no power for a week. Nope, one of my most expensive bills ever for that all electric home.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...now we start the cool down.
    My power came on at roughly the time of day when the a/c starts losing ground to outside temps. So, almost 4 hours later and the temp in the house is down a whole 4 degrees. That's ok, though. It should catch up overnight.

I sure hope it does.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Had the opposite happen during an ice storm where the inside temp was around 50 or less after a week.
    My sis would call that "about perfect.". Her meds mess with her ability to withstand heat. That why I spent last winter wearing my outdoor gear in the house. We didn't turn the heat on a single time. She loved it. Even when I pointed out I could see her breath, she was hunky-dory with that.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    My power came on at roughly the time of day when the a/c starts losing ground to outside temps. So, almost 4 hours later and the temp in the house is down a whole 4 degrees. That's ok, though. It should catch up overnight.

I sure hope it does.
    Mines only gone down 6, but I went and spray cleaned the condenser unit, that helped the last 2 drop quicker I think.

TX14239

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2016
    A 6 pack of bikini clad hotties.

unless I’m on the lake because of their regulations.
    Huh?

Sorry for not clarifying. I was referring to canyon lake.

10) Can I have a fire arm in the park?

A concealed handgun permit is NOT valid on Federal property, which includes all of Canyon Lake, the parks and the shoreline. It is illegal to posses a fire arm of any kind within any parks, trails, beaches, shoreline, etc... This includes BB Guns, Air Soft guns, Paint ball guns, dart guns, etc...

Any device, toy or weapon designed to shot, throw, fling or eject a projectile at anyone or anything is NOT allowed. These items are PROHIBITED. Those individuals which choose to bring in such items will be asked to remove the prohibited items from the facilities. If they do not comply, we will ask them to leave Federal Property and not return unless they leave the item(s) at home. You can be issued a fine for ANY item that is deemed under federal law as illegal or prohibited.

From https://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/canyon/faq.shtml#four

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    @Chewbacca7685
    Belated YAY!! for you paying off the truck. Just saw the pic in the other thread - It looks great. :)

Thank you! Now I have a new list of stuff I need. Diggin into the ammo and new gun budget lol. But ya don’t know how much ya take having a vehicle for granted until you go without one for a few months.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Sorry for not clarifying. I was referring to canyon lake.

10) Can I have a fire arm in the park?

A concealed handgun permit is NOT valid on Federal property, which includes all of Canyon Lake, the parks and the shoreline. It is illegal to posses a fire arm of any kind within any parks, trails, beaches, shoreline, etc... This includes BB Guns, Air Soft guns, Paint ball guns, dart guns, etc...

Any device, toy or weapon designed to shot, throw, fling or eject a projectile at anyone or anything is NOT allowed. These items are PROHIBITED. Those individuals which choose to bring in such items will be asked to remove the prohibited items from the facilities. If they do not comply, we will ask them to leave Federal Property and not return unless they leave the item(s) at home. You can be issued a fine for ANY item that is deemed under federal law as illegal or prohibited.

From https://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/canyon/faq.shtml#four

They didn't say no swords. Or spears.

Top Bottom