• ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Read more at The Reload blog.

On Monday, members of the NRA’s audit committee proposed a series of last-minute reforms that mirrored some of those offered up by disgruntled NRA members and the New York Attorney General. But the news was met with a scathing rejection from one of the group’s newest board members. Dennis Fusaro, elected earlier this year on a reform platform, sent a profanity-laced email to the rest of the board attacking members of leadership and outside law firm Brewer Attorneys and Counselors while informing them he planned to ask Judge Joel Cohen to appoint a monitor for the gun group’s finances.

“There are still bad actors clinging to power, dug in like ticks on a hound, who continue to hurt the NRA. These clowns still won’t take responsibility, apologize and quit,” Fusaro said in an email obtained by The Reload.” I can see the emperor has no clothes.”

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Read more at the Reload blog.

Manhattan, New York — The remedies phase of the NRA’s civil trial has begun.

The trial’s first phase concluded in February, with a jury finding the NRA failed to safeguard its charitable assets and ordering former Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre to repay millions in misdirected funds. While this phase of the trial is without a jury and expected to be a third of the length of the first phase, it may prove much more consequential to the NRA’s future: the Attorney General is seeking implementation of remedial reforms, a court-appointed independent consultant, new disclosure practices, the barring of Wayne LaPierre from any leadership role at the NRA or any NRA-affiliated organization, and a more constrained role for John Frazer.

Judge Joel Cohen is tasked with deciding the fate of the nation’s largest gun-rights group over the course of the next two weeks, which The Reload will publish periodic updates on as the trial progresses.

AR1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    What's the issue with Cotton? When he replaced LaPierre I started to think there was hope. I have never met Chas Cotton except interacting with him on the TXCHL forum, which he owns. Seems like a stand-up guy to me.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    What's the issue with Cotton? When he replaced LaPierre I started to think there was hope. I have never met Chas Cotton except interacting with him on the TXCHL forum, which he owns. Seems like a stand-up guy to me.
    Uh if you questioned the issues about the NRA you got kicked out of his forum. I was a member and got banned for questioning the malfeasance in the NRA on a completely different website i have no idea how he found out. He is part of the corruption that still exists in the NRA.

AR1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    I posted on the TXCHL forum a couple years ago that I would never renew my membership while LaPierre was i a leadership position. Cotton did not address that specifically, but advised me and others to hang in there, progress was being made. I think that reform is taking place and continues under Cotton's leadership. I suspect Cotton's position is about like Trump's first term - he had no idea how deep the corruption ran, and cannot fix it overnight. But I think he is an honest man, a devout Christian, and a fierce and effective 2A advocate. Like any person in a controversial role he has made enemies, and will make more.

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    We need a CLEAN slate at NRA. The corruption cannot be 'cured'. It can only be SANITIZED by a clean start in a new place. Move it to TX and do not move ANYONE from the old org. here.

Top Bottom