• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is a "gun cabinet" sufficient for gun storage?

• No. You need a safe. Period.

Votes: 10 20.4%
    • Yes and no. Cabinets are a stop-gap to be used only until you can afford a real safe.

Votes: 14 28.6%
    • Yes. Quality "gun cabinets", properly installed, with other security layers are enough protection.

Votes: 4 8.2%
    • It depends on the circumstances.

Votes: 24 49.0%
    • I'll post in the thread to tell you what other choice you should have included in the poll.

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Necro thread revival.......I follow this guy on silver stacking and this is his latest video......

Interesting it was a Liberty.......could as easily been guns.........

Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Any safe is better than no safe at all. Layers of protection such as what he talked about. Bolting it to the floor, how things are stored in the safe, cameras inside and outside (cameras are relatively affordable now). Hell, if you have $50,000 dollars worth of guns and other shit yo ought to be able to afford something like Simply Safe at least. The idea is to make it as difficult as possible and to slow them down as much as possible.

Be careful about who you invite in the house and what you talk about having and where you have it. A safe in a closet is better than a safe out in the open.

Dermako

Semi-Retired of that
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 16, 2019
    DFW
    I personally have a light-up, wooden gun cabinet, with a glass front.

It's completely useless at discouraging criminals, but it sure showcases my rifles nicely. :)

My older cabinet was a beautiful antique Mexican style cabinet. HUGE, thick wood, with metal bars on the glass and locks on the doors. A little more secure, but it was not able to defend itself against termites. Ended up in the trash....
    Funny how things change. Growing up that was our “gun safe” and everyone knew the keys were laying on top of the cabinet.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Working at Academy I saw one of the big safes was locked, customer wanted to see inside. Some wise guy knew how to change the combination, couldn't be opened with the original combo.

Top Bottom