• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun

Your reply does not accurately address my statement... I said we "NOW" have a safe storage law. FYI, it came as a result of SB554, NOT as a result of IP40 which was referred to in your first link.

Secondly, I certainly don't give a rip about the 2 workshops being put on in your second link. Is it the best they can do to activate others to protest instead of doing the legal work we expect from ILA? I can get protest activation down at the local bar.

The have pretty much taken a public position on everything. Only puck-up was bump stocks, and they heard it in spades from members.

I'm not seeing them being cited publicly. And most members of Congress say they are no longer afraid of NRA. So they are no longer a 500lb gorilla. What have they done LATELY? When POTUS and members of Congress are spouting off about gun control, where is the rebuttal from NRA???

Serious question: how much of that was ILA work? My position is the sum of the whole isn’t great than the sum of the parts.

IP40 was in 2019. SB554 was done to Oregonians in 2021. I realize that with all three levers of power in the state belonging to the Dems it is often a losing battle, but where was the ILA in the battle against 554? I saw SAF, I saw GOA, I saw OFF. ILA.... crickets.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …IP40 was in 2019. SB554 was done to Oregonians in 2021. I realize that with all three levers of power in the state belonging to the Dems it is often a losing battle, but where was the ILA in the battle against 554? I saw SAF, I saw GOA, I saw OFF. ILA.... crickets.
    No idea; I don’t follow Oregon politicking.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Your reply does not accurately address my statement... I said we "NOW" have a safe storage law. FYI, it came as a result of SB554, NOT as a result of IP40 which was referred to in your first link.

LOL so you think they stopped fighting for the most recent session? OK here is a link to the current session. I could give a dozen more, but I would rather teach a man to fish then give him a fish.

Secondly, I certainly don't give a rip about the 2 workshops being put on in your second link. Is it the best they can do to activate others to protest instead of doing the legal work we expect from ILA? I can get protest activation down at the local bar.

So you think the NRA total effort was just the links I provided? Seriously, is there any reason you are incapable of googling this up? It only took me 30 seconds to see a wealth of activity.

I'm not seeing them being cited publicly.

No offense here, but your lack of seeking out what NRA is doing, does not mean they (or others like GOA, SAF, etc) are doing nothing.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

This is the NRA affiliate for Oregon. SB554 is right there on the home page.

Again, no offense, but for you not to even know who the NRA affiliate is for your state, and what they did and continue to do to fight SB554........

PracticalCarry

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Cedar Park, Tx
    guillotine
    Effective, quite final and well, a bit Victorian so has that old school flare. I'd be cool if he just went away. I've got that Benefactor Life Member status and each time I get a golden eagle or some other request for money - for the past several years I just pen my response - "not another penny until Wayne is gone" and send it back. I'm not picky about how he goes, just that he does or I suppose it won't matter if he doesn't. Quite the shame.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Is a malcontent better, or worse, than a deplorable?
    I'm a deplorable malconent scofflaw.

why-not-both-why-not.gif

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Worth a read from the Bearing Arms blog. Big events were to happen at today's official Board of Director's meeting. If anyone gets an update of the decisions and outcome of the BOD meeting please add to this post.
    Here is a follow-up story on the NRA annual meeting in Charlotte, NC. Bottom line the current leadership was kept in place. The entire article is worthwhile to read for the comments by the New York State Attorney General and opinion on the future direction of the NRA.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    LOL so you think they stopped fighting for the most recent session? OK here is a link to the current session. I could give a dozen more, but I would rather teach a man to fish then give him a fish.

Per the link you provided... yeah, this is really really strong action on the part of ILA!!

Again, please contact your State Representative and ask them to OPPOSE Senate Bill 554.

So you think the NRA total effort was just the links I provided? Seriously, is there any reason you are incapable of googling this up? It only took me 30 seconds to see a wealth of activity.

I'm not incapable. I just don't want to use NRA sources of propaganda as something to count on. I am relating the lack of action that I have witnessed as someone that was actively keeping track of this from trusted sources like OFF and SAF.

I made a comment stating what I thought was true, you are refuting what I said, and I am going by the links you provided. You should have taken your best shot first. But you provided what was a 2019 effort to refute a statement I made about 2021. This discussion inputs no more obligation on my part to do research other than to follow and address the links you provided to refute me. I stand by the statement I originally made.

No offense here, but your lack of seeking out what NRA is doing, does not mean they (or others like GOA, SAF, etc) are doing nothing.

True... what it means is they, the NRA (I see lots of SAF publicity) have a sucky public relations effort that is not reaching the general public. Perhaps they would rather preach to the choir to justify asking for more money.

Hey, I would LOVE the NRA to be stronger, to have more members, to let the general public know they are still fighting, and that they are good ethical and moral stewards of members interests and money!!! You know, to be what they used to be. I just don't think it's going to happen.

This is the NRA affiliate for Oregon. SB554 is right there on the home page.

Again, no offense, but for you not to even know who the NRA affiliate is for your state, and what they did and continue to do to fight SB554........

Why should I know? I hate what WLP and cronies have done to the NRA. I hate their money grubbing and subsequent wastage, and I left them long ago. If both the national and the state orgs have done NOTHING to draw my attention as a member of the general public to their efforts (unlike SAF and OFF)... there is something wrong with their publicity, PR, and outreach efforts. And I say that as someone that was a Rep for a multistate 501C3 org and increased market share by 95% from when I hired on.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Yet you asked Renegade if ILA was active there. Can't have it both ways.

No, I asked if that was ILA work or NRA proper work.

What both ways am I trying to have? I’m not an NRA member and haven’t been one in multiple decades, however I have given to ILA occasionally.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I made a comment stating what I thought was true, you are refuting what I said, and I am going by the links you provided.

You claimed "we have "Safe Storage" law now... not a peep from NRA when it was being done." A simple google search showed that not to be true. NRA was involved to defeat that law, not just this session, but last session as well.

You do not want to make the slightest effort to be better informed, that is your choice. The idea I or anyone else going to provide all the relevant links for you is silly. Never mind the overwhelming effort to defeat legislation takes place in a sausage factory that is unlinkable.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    You claimed "we have "Safe Storage" law now... not a peep from NRA when it was being done." A simple google search showed that not to be true. NRA was involved to defeat that law, not just this session, but last session as well.

You may be correct in what you say about NRA. I have no overwhelming urge to prove you wrong in that regard. Yet, when I made a statement that I considered to be true, you could have agreed, disagreed, or left it alone, but you chose to try to disprove what I wrote and failed dismally. YOU took on that task not me... therefore, logically, the onus of PROOF is on you, not me.

Oh wait, I WAS wrong... they DID make a peep according to what you provided. I made a mistake writing that they didn't make a peep... they actually made the effort to try to get people to call the legislative reps. WAY TO GO! That's some serious legal work there.

And my own 30second search on DuckDuckGo, returned that OSSA wrote TWO letters. Gosh thanx NRA national org, and NRA-ILA for sending out the big guns.

You do not want to make the slightest effort to be better informed, that is your choice. The idea I or anyone else going to provide all the relevant links for you is silly.

No, what is silly is that you failed to prove me wrong in any significant way, yet expect ME to do the research to prove MYSELF wrong. But I wasn't arguing with myself. I have no inclination whatsoever to try to prove anything either way other than that YOUR arguments failed to convince me that ILA is acting in any but the barest bones efforts on behalf of the people of Oregon and Washington states. They seem to have given up on the Western states for all but a pro-forma effort to say they are still fighting the good fight and bring in more money. That is fine. We don't need them if that is the kind of help we get. I'll stick with OFF, SAF, and GOA thank you very much.

As for being informed, you can buy into all the NRA self promotion and propaganda you wish, I have other sources I trust.

The simplest thing to do at this point is to take what I said as a statement of opinion or the relating of personal experience rather than absolute fact.

And your opinion that I am silly, uniformed, wrong, incorrect, incapable, unwilling, whatever, is duly noted.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    You may be correct in what you say about NRA. I have no overwhelming urge to prove you wrong in that regard. Yet, when I made a statement that I considered to be true, you could have agreed, disagreed, or left it alone, but you chose to try to disprove what I wrote and failed dismally. YOU took on that task not me... therefore, logically, the onus of PROOF is on you, not me.

Oh wait, I WAS wrong... they DID make a peep according to what you provided. I made a mistake writing that they didn't make a peep... they actually made the effort to try to get people to call the legislative reps. WAY TO GO! That's some serious legal work there.

And my own 30second search on DuckDuckGo, returned that OSSA wrote TWO letters. Gosh thanx NRA national org, and NRA-ILA for sending out the big guns.

No, what is silly is that you failed to prove me wrong in any significant way, yet expect ME to do the research to prove MYSELF wrong. But I wasn't arguing with myself. I have no inclination whatsoever to try to prove anything either way other than that YOUR arguments failed to convince me that ILA is acting in any but the barest bones efforts on behalf of the people of Oregon and Washington states. They seem to have given up on the Western states for all but a pro-forma effort to say they are still fighting the good fight and bring in more money. That is fine. We don't need them if that is the kind of help we get. I'll stick with OFF, SAF, and GOA thank you very much.

As for being informed, you can buy into all the NRA self promotion and propaganda you wish, I have other sources I trust.

The simplest thing to do at this point is to take what I said as a statement of opinion or the relating of personal experience rather than absolute fact.

And your opinion that I am silly, uniformed, wrong, incorrect, incapable, unwilling, whatever, is duly noted.
    TL;DR

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    I find it interesting that there's no mention of this on that other forum that shall not be named (TOFTSNBN) yet, despite the members who see a topic here and start it over there.

Top Bottom