Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'm a Golden Eagle member.

I will not renew my Golden Eagle status. They no longer get my yearly tribute. Hell, the only reason I kept it this long was explained in the "NRAAM in Houston" thread and now that the Houston meeting was cancelled, I'll probably be dead before I get a chance to act on those reasons.

Electing Cotton is the straw that breaks the camel's back. It's a huge conflict of interest. It was already a conflict of interest to have a board member on the audit team but electing him president is just a giant middle finger to the whole concept of ethical behavior.

I hope to God that when the organization finally augers into the dirt, the competition, training, educational, and a few other functions spin off into an independent organization. We still need the parts of the NRA that still serve a valid function and haven't been totally corrupted by politics.
    Guns International

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    0c1b2f5a8265cf4650678eab89b28137.jpg

NRA

4b903c0c15bc6ca45808d593c493ccbc.jpg

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Benefactor Life Member here... I won't resign my membership, because I want to make them pay the cost of that monthly magazine till I die. No more money from me!

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    Call.

Every week. Every day. Ask them to write it down.

No.
    I do not agree.
    Not a penny more, until…

Ask your friends and family to call. Flood the line.

(800) 672-3888

John Galt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2020
    Huntsville
    Call.

Every week. Every day. Ask them to write it down.

No.
    I do not agree.
    Not a penny more, until…

Ask your friends and family to call. Flood the line.

(800) 672-3888

I think that ship has sailed. If that was going to have any effect on the board members, it would have been before the (s)election to keep WLP. The dirty deed is done.

So skip the threats and just withhold the funds. When they call or email to solicit donations, tell them exactly why and in no uncertain terms. If the NRA is still financially solvent next year, maybe the board members will vote for what's best for the organization instead of what's best for their personal ego/wallet/whatever.

Edited for affect

Last edited:

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    They don’t call me. I shall return all postage paid solicitations with the note above, on heavy card stock.

I shall also run up the costs of their call center and take the place of a legitimate caller.

And, I shall discuss this issue calmly with all other members and prospective members I encounter.

For I am a vivid nightmare: a spurned Benefactor with time and disposable income.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I hope to God that when the organization finally augers into the dirt, the competition, training, educational, and a few other functions spin off into an independent organization. We still need the parts of the NRA that still serve a valid function and haven't been totally corrupted by politics.
    This

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Benefactor Life Member here... I won't resign my membership, because I want to make them pay the cost of that monthly magazine till I die. No more money from me!
    Just change the delivery address to the following:

Pew-Pew Joe
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
    Washington, D.C. 20502

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I was a regular member for years. I cancelled my membership 2 years ago. Wouldn't consider rejoining until that scumbag is gone and they fix their problems.
    The sad thing is that it USED to be a great organization.
    They STILL send me shit in the mail every couple of months.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Can/Will anyone here explain the nuts & bolts of how/why the NRA has screwed up and has lost the confidence of it's members?

About the only thing I know is WLP has p.o.'d the members with acting like a pasha, but that's the only detail/concrete thing I know.

I have yet to hear little overall detail of why to abandon the NRA except for the hated WLP...

Are we totally certain the trashing of the NRA isn't a clever leftist ploy to destroy all the good pro-gun efforts of this once shining organization?

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Can/Will anyone here explain the nuts & bolts of how/why the NRA has screwed up and has lost the confidence of it's members?

About the only thing I know is WLP has p.o.'d the members with acting like a pasha, but that's the only detail/concrete thing I know.

I have yet to hear little overall detail of why to abandon the NRA except for the hated WLP...

Are we totally certain the trashing of the NRA isn't a clever leftist ploy to destroy all the good pro-gun efforts of this once shining organization?

IMO the NRA has dropped the ball on all major fronts. They are not fighting legislation in the individual states the way I think they should be. Oregon is an example... we have "Safe Storage" law now... not a peep from NRA when it was being done.

They are no longer the 500lb gorilla that the Congress is afraid to buck. I can't remember the last time I saw them take a public position on proposed legislation. But they still want everybody's money.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

The NRA’s coffers have become WLP’s and “leadership’s” personal ATM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I recently change back to the Rifleman. Shooting Illistrated just lacks any content, as do the others. They just need to combine all of the magazines into one! I sure it still be more ads then content, but it be what I wished for, forever!

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Not often but enough in this life I have been ripped off. It happens and now and then I must except that they got away with it.
    In my note I always add words to the effect that. Although I will be little more than a blip on their radar, I will cost them more than they made off me.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    A former employer messed with me once. I bought one paper share of their stock. I framed it and hung it on my wall. They had to send me annual reports, proxies, notices, and quarterly dividend checks for $.10 in the mail for years.

Top Bottom