• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    They are not fighting legislation in the individual states the way I think they should be. Oregon is an example... we have "Safe Storage" law now... not a peep from NRA when it was being done.
    They certainly were in that fight:

NRA Files Joint Legal Challenge Against Firearm Storage Initiative Petition

Oregon: Protect Your Second Amendment Rights from California-Style Infringements, Attend NRA-ILA Grassroots Workshops

NRA fights Oregon gun-control bill
    They are no longer the 500lb gorilla that the Congress is afraid to buck. I can't remember the last time I saw them take a public position on proposed legislation.
    Dems have not passed national legislation in 27 years. We have had many wins from PLCAA to National Park Carry, etc. That is a 8000 lb gorilla. This is one of the things NRA gets right.

The have pretty much taken a public position on everything. Only puck-up was bump stocks, and they heard it in spades from members.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Can/Will anyone here explain the nuts & bolts of how/why the NRA has screwed up and has lost the confidence of it's members?

Too much sweepstakes like fundraising, too much money going to exec pockets, complete in-ability to grow the membership, the in-ability for members to have influence do to bylaws designed to protect the leadership, etc.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    They certainly were in that fight:

NRA Files Joint Legal Challenge Against Firearm Storage Initiative Petition

Oregon: Protect Your Second Amendment Rights from California-Style Infringements, Attend NRA-ILA Grassroots Workshops

NRA fights Oregon gun-control bill

Dems have not passed national legislation in 27 years. We have had many wins from PLCAA to National Park Carry, etc. That is a 8000 lb gorilla. This is one of the things NRA gets right.

The have pretty much taken a public position on everything. Only puck-up was bump stocks, and they heard it in spades from members.

Serious question: how much of that was ILA work? My position is the sum of the whole isn’t great than the sum of the parts.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Serious question: how much of that was ILA work? My position is the sum of the whole isn’t great than the sum of the parts.
    I was just pointing out they were involved.

State legislation though has to be driven by your state org. Any state thinks they can do nothing and ILA is going to do it all, is mistaken.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Ben,

No need to spend more than $10.00 annually....if NRA membership is a must to keep range membership and the plus is no entreaties to spend more...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom