• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The photo of the kid smoking reminds of my Dad when I was 11.

He gave me permission to smoke, but advised me not to tell anyone for fear they'd think him a bad parent...uh-huh...

I was about 14 when my father found out I chewed tobacco. He made me chew, but I wasn't allowed to spit. I have never touched chewing tobacco since.

At the time, I was sure glad he didn't find the cigarettes I had stashed!

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Lets start over!

How is a soft taco, different than a fajita?

Both use flour tortillas, both have meat, (usually.) and both have vegetables and sometimes cheese and salsa on them.

Well, I have never had a commercially made fast food soft taco with chunked meat, and I've never had a Fagita with ground beef.

But I'm gonna say fajita sauce. Yep, thas it!! Fagita sauce!!!!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Well, I have never had a commercially made fast food soft taco with chunked meat, and I've never had a Fagita with ground beef.

But I'm gonna say fajita sauce. Yep, thas it!! Fagita sauce!!!!
    Soft tacos typically have ground beef, don't they?

ETA: Ninja'd.

This isn't a trick question or anything like that. More of me trying to discern the difference between the two. What makes one a soft taco, and the other a fajita.

We buy the flour tortillas in a couple of different sizes. 10" and 6" sizes.

Now generally when we make fajitas at home, typically we use chicken or skirt steak, with grilled peppers and onions, topped with shredded cheese, and salsa.

When we make soft tacos, typically we use ground beef, but sometimes with skirt steak, or chicken, and sometimes even fish, and usually topped with lettuce, tomato, onions, salsa, shredded cheese and sour cream sometimes.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Fajitas make a soft taco a fajita taco, a flour tortilla makes a taco soft.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Fajitas make a soft taco a fajita taco, a flour tortilla makes a taco soft.
    Except when a corn tortilla isn't fried crisp and the filling is rolled in like an enchilada, but covered with sauce and lettuce, then those are soft tacos too, unless they are fried soft and folded, then they are puffy...

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    @Axxe55

On the off-chance that it was a rhetor
    This isn't a trick question or anything like that. More of me trying to discern the difference between the two. What makes one a soft taco, and the other a fajita.

We buy the flour tortillas in a couple of different sizes. 10" and 6" sizes.

Now generally when we make fajitas at home, typically we use chicken or skirt steak, with grilled peppers and onions, topped with shredded cheese, and salsa.

When we make soft tacos, typically we use ground beef, but sometimes with skirt steak, or chicken, and sometimes even fish, and usually topped with lettuce, tomato, onions, salsa, shredded cheese and sour cream sometimes.

I was thinking more along the lines of commercially available fast food. What YOU do in YOUR home is a whole nuther story!!!

I make soft tacos with ground beef, or with skirt steak, but when I make them with skirt steak, I marinate the meat and then it is called a "carne asada" taco, not just a "soft taco". Soft tacos with fish, are called "fish tacos". Those with chicken are called "Chicken tacos" etc, just like you do when you want taquitos... what kind of taquito... "chicken taquito". ;)

Fajita meat is always chunked, never scooped out of a hopper like they do at Taco Smell. And the meat is always grilled on a flat plate metal griddle stove, and there is a sauce/marinate that is either put on first, or cooked in. Fajitas may be served on a sizzling hot plate, or if you like to go to vendor stands as a open ended wrap with grilled peppers and onions, and sour cream is optional.

Top Bottom