• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    13 guns, six at the scene, seven at home. All purchased legally by the shooter or family members. He was wearing a flak jacket with steel plates in it. No details on the types of weapons found at the scene. Allusion to one being a semi-automatic rifle with five unused magazines.

The also said the theatre shooter was wearing body armor, which pictures released by the police showed quite clearly to be nothing more than a MOLLE vest.

I would wait for more evidence to be released.

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    The also said the theatre shooter was wearing body armor, which pictures released by the police showed quite clearly to be nothing more than a MOLLE vest.

I would wait for more evidence to be released.
    Fair enough, but the lady from the ATF did say in the jacket there were steel plates, so that's interesting. He had some idea someone would be shooting back. But it also indicates that he planned to make it out alive, or maybe just to survive a bit longer to do more damage.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Fair enough, but the lady from the ATF did say in the jacket there were steel plates, so that's interesting. He had some idea someone would be shooting back. But it also indicates that he planned to make it out alive, or maybe just to survive a bit longer to do more damage.

Likely the latter.

And the coward attacked defenseless people. They always do... and the other side doesn't learn.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX

The report is on 10/1, not the drill.

I did my ALERRT Active Shooter course at a public school in Taylor, TX years ago over the summer while it was unoccupied. Not uncommon at all, especially since this is probably one of the largest campus complexes in the region.

The difficulty with a community college is it's almost never closed, with summer classes, etc.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    The report is on 10/1, not the drill.

I did my ALERRT Active Shooter course at a public school in Taylor, TX years ago over the summer while it was unoccupied. Not uncommon at all, especially since this is probably one of the largest campus complexes in the region.

The difficulty with a community college is it's almost never closed, with summer classes, etc.

So are the active shooter drills a waste of money? Or do they seem to have bad luck follow them?

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    So are the active shooter drills a waste of money? Or do they seem to have bad luck follow them?

The TRAINING is a great spend. VERY helpful.

No clue about the drills, primarily because they're missing the adrenaline rush and learning how to run with your pants full of crap. Shit hits the fan and people won't do what they're expected to do... and infrequent drills don't actually provide training.

I think there are trainings/drills everywhere and the shootings just happen on top of them. Almost every local/regional law enforcement agency is doing some kind of drill like this, usually as part of a grant-funded training package.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    The TRAINING is a great spend. VERY helpful.

No clue about the drills, primarily because they're missing the adrenaline rush and learning how to run with your pants full of crap. Shit hits the fan and people won't do what they're expected to do... and infrequent drills don't actually provide training.

I think there are trainings/drills everywhere and the shootings just happen on top of them. Almost every local/regional law enforcement agency is doing some kind of drill like this, usually as part of a grant-funded training package.

Respect, Reed. But unless you have proof of who's doing it. Who's paying for it. Genuine numbers, viewed as a tax payer, not so much being the people trained in it.

It's suspect.

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    I wonder once campus carry goes through in this state, will CCW holders be allowed to participate in these drills?

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I wonder once campus carry goes through in this state, will CCW holders be allowed to participate in these drills?

They're not designed for CCW holders. They're designed for those folks who are tasked with intervening and getting them in the door faster.

Look for similar training from private agencies, along with the requisite warning about going to the fight vs. having it come to you.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    He was just a sick puppy who never got laid, and took his rage out on a bunch of innocent unarmed victims.

The only way to stop this madness, is to lock up the mentally ill.

You and I know who has a mental problem. We can't look the other way anymore.

We have to get them evaluated and treated, or locked up for life if they can't be helped.

It is what society did for hundreds of years before the ACLU.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    we need a new law to prohibit Flank jackets, can we get a letter of clarification from the ATF on that?
    if you just leave the Flank jacket in the box, its legal, but if you wear the Flank jacket and it covers your flanks, then you have committed a felony

also, I;m thinking Manchurian candidate here.

Something like this?

b5faaa5bae1d1444d997d30cc36df529.jpg

As my friend pointed out. NOT an appropriate way to age a steak.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Seeing from some sources he ordered ISIS paraphernalia online, and his black mother is the one that bought all the guns for him.

The US media is going to go hush hush about this shooting shortly I bet. Just like they did with Chris Dorner.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    What weapons were used? What weapons were present?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I remember a woman decided to drive her car on the sidewalk in Las Vegas killing people, can't remember anyone stating we should have any stricter vehicle control laws. As far as Campus Carry goes, check the laws, I believe that doesn't go into effect for community colleges until 2017, and the laws may change by then.

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    I remember a woman decided to drive her car on the sidewalk in Las Vegas killing people, can't remember anyone stating we should have any stricter vehicle control laws. As far as Campus Carry goes, check the laws, I believe that doesn't go into effect for community colleges until 2017, and the laws may change by then.
    They are willing to take driver's licenses away from people for mental illness, hell they even take them away for things like epilepsy. In those cases, it doesn't even take a judge, the DMV can just take it away from you. You have to appeal it, but it is administrative.

Top Bottom