• ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Wife just discovered that both of our home security video recorder storages have been wiped clean.

So she called her Sis in Wharton County TX, Sis reported same.

Our storages were very separate; one on-site, other remote.

How could this be possible ?

And, is it Big Brother ?

<?>

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Most DVR systems use loop recording and erase after a set amount of time.

If the video is sent through a home wireless network to the DVR I would check to make sure no updates have cause a connection issue between cameras and DVR. Same for a cloud based system, insure a power outage or something didn’t cause the cameras to lose connection with the router.

Otherwise, check the HDDs are still working properly. Hopefully the DVR has a way to check HDD health. They are pretty reliable, but failures can and do happen.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Most DVR systems use loop recording and erase after a set amount of time.

If the video is sent through a home wireless network to the DVR I would check to make sure no updates have cause a connection issue between cameras and DVR. Same for a cloud based system, insure a power outage or something didn’t cause the cameras to lose connection with the router.

Otherwise, check the HDDs are still working properly. Hopefully the DVR has a way to check HDD health. They are pretty reliable, but failures can and do happen.

Yes, & thanks.

Our home automatic generator has an 8-second delay, which requires the older “FLIR” system to be manually reset. The camera view fields overlap.

“ DVR systems use loop recording and erase after a set amount of time.” descrbes our older one.

One concept we never understood is this: The folks who sold, installed, & service the FLIR system insist that it is not internet based or dependent; but if we lose internet, w/o interruption of power, it has to be reset.

Last edited:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

NEW SITUATION

Looks that the entire “FLAIR” system has to be replaced.
    We have been told by the original source & their local competitors that the technology is obsolete. Parts are not available for repairs & replacements.

We use the Elon Musk satellite internet system, as there is no cable here. Our property is ~3.1ac, outside city limits. We’ve been running 7 outdoor cameras and a couple indoors, all parts of the “FireWire” alarm & monitoring package.

As I’m very ignorant in this technology area, I’m hoping that some of Y’all would kindly give me some pointers. Everyone around our home here is trying to sell me high tech stuff which sounds too complex for Gramps here.

Ideas would be welcome.

leVieux

<>

Top Bottom