Mustang Ridge

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

From the article:

"In June, Disney+ released “The Acolyte,” created by Leslye Headland and set 100 years before “The Phantom Menace.” The series received hate for its progressive themes, with many alleging it contained LGBTQ propaganda."

No, it wasn't "review bombed" and the hate it received wasn't for any themes...it fucking sucked and any "message" they tried to convey was ham-handed and fell flat. It was poorly written, the characters were wooden at best and simplistic at worst, it was childishly acted and poorly directed. My Star Wars crazy 13 year old daughter gave up on it 5 episodes in because it was just not good storytelling. I forced myself to watch the whole thing, mostly just to see if there would be any redeeming qualities (and I will at least say the lightsaber fight choreography was mostly good), and if you want to know how bad it was, the very last scene featured the evil Sith lord and his new apprentice (the main character, who goes from a well-meaning failed Jedi apprentice to a new Sith acolyte while her sister takes the opposite journey) watching the sunrise...and holding hands.

Yes, a Sith lord and his apprentice fucking holding hands. I'm sure the Emperor and Vader held hands all the time, right? The only time a goddamn Sith should holds someone's hand is if he/she has just cut it off of them with their lightsaber. God damn Disney (and specifically Kathleen Kennedy) for ramrodding this stupid shit through, then blaming the fans when it's a fucking disaster.

I think I'm gonna go re-watch The Mandalorian to get this taste out of my mouth.

Top Bottom