IMG_20231208_134611151.jpg

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    My dad had one. He had a knack for choosing the one example of a notorious jam-o-matic that worked right - that Charter Arms pistol of his never, ever choked, and I put hundreds and hundreds of rounds through it. Sadly, it was stolen with most of his guns in 2013. Makes me sad to think of it, not only because it's an unusual pistol but because, dammit, he had what may have been the only one of 'em that worked.
    I had one on the early 1980s when I was in the Border patrol.Bought it at Yellowmart in El Centro, CA. it worked with some few brands of 22 LR ammo most, or at least some, of the time and almost did not work at all though with most 22 LR ammo. After some very light filing of the feed ramp it worked better but never was very reliable as to it feeding properly. So, I sold it. What a shame I did that.

I have wanted one since then but never coughed up for one asI have not seen one in good truly excellent shape since then. I would have bought it at that last gun show, if it was in very nice condition and that was at because I had brought in some cash by selling stuff (zero profit mind you, I sold everything either at cost or at a loss; I was just happy to be replenishing the money I took out of savings to pay for my auto & renter's insurance for the year). I hope your dad's guns were insured.

I must agree, it is an unusual looking pistol. That is one of the reasons I like it so much; because it looks very Steampunk and looks very much like a Mauser Broomhandle pistol. Besides that, I'd be more confident that I ecould get one to work properly today, instead of back then, now that I know more about doing a bit to fix such problems.

1728602602065.jpeg

1728602509724.jpeg

The one I saw did not have a black finish but was kind of gray colored like this one (do not know if that is stainless steel or not but I doubt it is SS):

1728603007549.jpeg

I have never seen one like that before. Shame on me for not abandoning my table for a few seconds or a minute to look for him or for not loudly calling out "Hey you with the Explorer II, come Back here please". I am kicking myself in both butt & head (harder in my head) for not stopping that guy. If he is a member of this forum and sees this after not selling it at the show, please contact me; maybe we can work something out to make us both happy. If it happened to be one that functioned properly with reiliabilty, that would be a major plus,

Last edited:
    Top Bottom