• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OldCurlyWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    Tulia
    Don't be a criminal and they won't go through your house

Don't bet on that. If a neighbor or some one else accuses you of something you could get the sneak visit in your house. And they won't even tell you who made the false accusations, if you find out it has been done to you. NOT a good thing.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Define "criminal".
    While it may seem like common sense that this would be used on drug lords and crack houses, where will the line be drawn?

You ever forget to signal while changing lanes? Maybe speed up a little to get through the yellow light and still be passing through the intersection just as the light turns red? Go even 1/10th of a mile over the speed limit? If so, you fall into the definition of "a criminal".
    Now, the idea of some LEO wanting to go through your shit because you failed to signal while changing lanes is absurd, the fact remains that there is nothing good that can come from allowing this sort of thing to take place.
    It is a slippery slope that can lead to a further erosion of our rights under the wrong leader.
    ...and when was the last time you saw someone running for any office who was truly worth a damn?

whats worse, is the situation you described is perfectly legal under th epatriot act.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Don't be a criminal and they won't go through your house

Don't be too sure. I posted about my FBI experience in another thread. It got ugly, mean and teetered on violence. They will push you as far as they can but I don't run and after that experience, I never will. You need to be ready to die to protect your home or roll over and let them have their way with you. That's what it takes to stop the bastards.

Flash

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    My experience with the FBI happened a long time ago but as you may tell, it still gets my blood boiling and it changed my life!

In posting, I forgot to post my usual salute to NSA, FBI or other agencies monitoring these threads to "get something" on our members.

Here it is:
    X
    X
    X

That symbol represents my raised middle finger to all of the spooks who intrude into the lives of our citizens. What REALLY ticks me off is that I served my country for 22 years as a teacher, have a spotless record and obey the law yet they still have a file on me and think they can enter my home at will. Our members have served this nation and obey the law. Leave them to Hell alone.

Pisx on all of you who try to make us afraid! Call me....you know my number.....I'll tell you exactly what I think of you and your patriot games!

Thanks.....I needed that.

Flash

Shooterman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    SE Texas
    My experience with the FBI happened a long time ago but as you may tell, it still gets my blood boiling and it changed my life!

In posting, I forgot to post my usual salute to NSA, FBI or other agencies monitoring these threads to "get something" on our members.

Here it is:
    X
    X
    X

That symbol represents my raised middle finger to all of the spooks who intrude into the lives of our citizens. What REALLY ticks me off is that I served my country for 22 years as a teacher, have a spotless record and obey the law yet they still have a file on me and think they can enter my home at will. Our members have served this nation and obey the law. Leave them to Hell alone.

Pisx on all of you who try to make us afraid! Call me....you know my number.....I'll tell you exactly what I think of you and your patriot games!

Thanks.....I needed that.

Flash

+1

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication

To that end, never say anything in the presence of a cell phone--even one turned off--that you don't want some government eavesdropper to hear and misinterpret. It's not that you, me, or anyone else has anything to hide, and it's a matter of simple privacy that by all rights should be a basic human right IMO.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I have two major issues with this. First, why the hell are we playing SEALs and drug dealers? What is so godawful about drugs that we have to raid houses this way?

Second, why didn't the Marine fire? If he was a violent criminal, he's got cops coming through a doorway dead to rights. The only explanation I can come up with is that he saw he was facing cops and checked himself. If that's the case, he paid for it with his life. I learned a lesson from that...

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I have two major issues with this. First, why the hell are we playing SEALs and drug dealers? What is so godawful about drugs that we have to raid houses this way?

Second, why didn't the Marine fire? If he was a violent criminal, he's got cops coming through a doorway dead to rights. The only explanation I can come up with is that he saw he was facing cops and checked himself. If that's the case, he paid for it with his life. I learned a lesson from that...

As to question #1, because that is how the current laws are written and those that enforce them have to be at least as well trained/equiped as those they are chasing.
    As to question #2:
    Im not saying this is what happened but it is a possibility:
    Phenonenon called "Suicide by cop".... sometimes those that know they are caught want to die put dont have the balls to pull the trigger or dont want the stigma attached to them that goes with suicide.

Just saying it is a possibility. Lower the flamethrowers.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    As to question #1, because that is how the current laws are written and those that enforce them have to be at least as well trained/equiped as those they are chasing.
    As to question #2:
    Im not saying this is what happened but it is a possibility:
    Phenonenon called "Suicide by cop".... sometimes those that know they are caught want to die put dont have the balls to pull the trigger or dont want the stigma attached to them that goes with suicide.

Just saying it is a possibility. Lower the flamethrowers.

The irony being that if we didn't have these laws and the whole "war on drugs" enforcement mentality, these people wouldn't be this well-armed or violent. Or if they were, they probably wouldn't be peddling drugs. I don't see any bar or liquor store owners with sawed-off shotguns or Thompsons these days...

On the second one, that doesn't sound right. Guy's got a wife, two kids and a job, but he's going to suicide? Doesn't add up very well for me...

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I hear you Sage....

as far as suicide, they often dont make sense. I have been to plenty that would on the surface have plenty to live for. Reports are that there was a group that was impersonating police and robbing people. In southern Arizona I would guess that illegals may have been targets. They would be easy targets and arent familiar with American Police structure/uniforms.

Preliminary reports found part of a police uniform and body armor in the home. Someone that was a Marine...and is now gonna face going to prison and lose his family and whatever reputation he had....

I can see it happening very easily.

Remember Rear Adm. Boorda? Committed suicide over the fact that he wore an undeserved medal....he had plenty to live for. Suicide rarely makes sense.

I am not saying it DID happen that way....just that it is not far fetched.

None of us have sufficient facts or knowledge of the case to make any real determination.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Y'all are hanging on to this little pile of crap you call a right. It was never a right at all, a judge can issue a warrant and they can go in your house. It's always been that way. It's how they define "unreasonable" Which is one of those things that the founding fathers should be kicked in the head for not clarifying. Just like the 2nd amendment.

Just say no searching people's stuff unless they are a caught criminal.
    And
    People should be allowed to have small arms for the preservation of the state and themselves with no regulation.

I have said it before, there is no such thing as a right in this country when the gov is free to take it away with no fear of repercussions.

tenfeathers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    crawford tx
    Tenfeathers, I think your update could also read: Marine now found to be part of criminal gang that impersonates officers while robbing them.[/QUOTE]

Has that been proven yet??? he's innocent until proven guilty.

I still think the police are trying to cover their ass. I don't trust most of them I've seen & heard to much.
    I have never called the police in my life to do anything for me never will.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Has that been proven yet??? he's innocent until proven guilty.

I still think the police are trying to cover their ass. I don't trust most of them I've seen & heard to much.
    I have never called the police in my life to do anything for me never will.

No...it hasnt been proven. That is the point, anyone can throw accusations around with only a small bit of info to go on. how can you have heard "to much" when next to nothing has been released about this case?

How can you say the Marine is innocent until proven guilty but the police aren't ...Huge double standard my friend. Your mind appears to have been made up from the get go.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Y'all are hanging on to this little pile of crap you call a right. It was never a right at all, a judge can issue a warrant and they can go in your house. It's always been that way. It's how they define "unreasonable" Which is one of those things that the founding fathers should be kicked in the head for not clarifying. Just like the 2nd amendment.

Just say no searching people's stuff unless they are a caught criminal.
    And
    People should be allowed to have small arms for the preservation of the state and themselves with no regulation.

I have said it before, there is no such thing as a right in this country when the gov is free to take it away with no fear of repercussions.
    No right is absolute. Nor should it be. And I don't consider my rights to be "crap"
    No searching people's stuff unless they are a "caught criminal"? So if we have plenty of info (video/eye witnesses/gps tracking, whatever) that says kidnappers took your mom into the basement at 123 Main St...Since they are not "caught criminals" we should not be able to get a search warrant to save her life?

Take a moment to think about what you are saying before you hit the enter key.

tenfeathers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    crawford tx
    I was refering to my own experiance's (To much)

They shot first before he pulled the trigger that makes them guilty in my mind, did they tell him to drop it, was he ordered to surrender????

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    It's fashionable for the press to post just enough story to make tinfoil hatters go off and rant about how bad the cops are. Bad news sells. This was a trained SWAT team if I read this correctly. I'm not siding with them, but I don't think we have nearly enough details in either camp to go off here.

Somebody prove me wrong.

markfh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Houston
    It's fashionable for the press to post just enough story to make tinfoil hatters go off and rant about how bad the cops are. Bad news sells. This was a trained SWAT team if I read this correctly. I'm not siding with them, but I don't think we have nearly enough details in either camp to go off here.

Somebody prove me wrong.

I can tell you from experience that no matter how well trained you are if your intel is wrong somebody's likely to have a bad day.

Also your comment about tinfoil hatters goes both ways. Those that defend and those that condemn. We don't have enough information yet and I will be interested in just how much information actually does come out. What is told is sometime not as telling as what isn't.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom