• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • webphut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Cypress, TX
    I can not believe that there is not one gunsmith school in the Houston area. Does anyone know of any gunsmithing classes, seminars, programs available in the Houston area? I live in Cypress.

I already checked out NRA's website, Google and Google maps. Strange, One would think in a gun loving state like Texas, there would be an abundance of formal gunsmithing classes.
    Gun Zone Deals

webphut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Cypress, TX
    Hmmm, maybe open a few gunsmith vocational schools be a better business to get into. Got my mind on my money and my money on my mind........

Franchises

Hmmm

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Welcome to tgt. If I may offer you a suggestion...it’s very easy to learn how to become a machinist. If you haven’t or have a hard time getting into gunsmithing classes, I recommend you focus on becoming a machinist first. It isn’t hard. If I can learn it you can too.

From there “gunsmithing” becomes pretty easy.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    There's a school out in Arizona that has a Bachelor's(?) degree program in guns and or gunsmithing. Looked into a bit once when I saw a link at at the end of one of Hickok 45's videos. Can't recall the name of it, otherwise I'd tell ya'.

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    I'm thinking Jackson Arms in sniper's plaza near SMU. A guy I went to high school with was wearing an apron and looked to be working on a rifle.

Bear with me this was 40 years ago.

Now called Jackson Armory.

webphut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Cypress, TX
    Welcome to tgt. If I may offer you a suggestion...it’s very easy to learn how to become a machinist. If you haven’t or have a hard time getting into gunsmithing classes, I recommend you focus on becoming a machinist first. It isn’t hard. If I can learn it you can too.

From there “gunsmithing” becomes pretty easy.

I am actually a semi retired metal fabricator with a welding, machining and designing background. In fact my father had me welding my name on the bottom of Navy ship hulls at the age of seven. I know of the internet courses, but I learn better in an actual Class room/work shop setting.
    I would be more than happy to attend a week long smithing class on bolt action rifles to get me started on the right path. I could take off from there. Just want to make sure I am doing everything correctly with the finished rifle being safe to use. As far as learning how to run a mill or lathe or tig weld, I have those skill sets covered, I’m not a machinist by any means, but I know how to get a job started and finished. I mostly need the “what do I do next” type of information with maybe a few pointers/suggestions. Something to give me confidence in my self to build my own bolt action rifles.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom