• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patriot1776

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2014
    Lubbock/ New Braunfels
    Holy crap, i got on this forum cause i figured people would actually be able to help a fellow Texan gun lover find information that i couldnt find myself. I completely 100% do not understand the info behind the things that ive asked and just wanted to learn about it! I am a college kid just trying to get more into the world of guns!

Patriot1776

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2014
    Lubbock/ New Braunfels
    Yea and i appreciate it. i was trying to get more of the whole scope if you get what i mean. like i have a good idea of what they are but was just wanting to know more like what is the 80% thing and stuff. i literally know glimpses of it due to there being like zero info on google. This forum just looked like it had members that would be versed in it and able to help a learner out.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Yea and i appreciate it. i was trying to get more of the whole scope if you get what i mean. like i have a good idea of what they are but was just wanting to know more like what is the 80% thing and stuff. i literally know glimpses of it due to there being like zero info on google. This forum just looked like it had members that would be versed in it and able to help a learner out.
    Not to be rude, but capitalization can be your friend! If you're on tap-talk or whatever else, well, good luck. If you will go search for "polymer80" you'll get a whole raft of info. Just a thought.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Just FYI, your questions mostly concerned pretty touchy subjects, lol.....

ETA: Especially being a "newbie" to the Forum.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    there is a crap ton of info out there about 80% lowers, so I aint buying the whole, "was just wanting to know more like what is the 80% thing"& "i literally know glimpses of it due to there being like zero info on google"...you are a "college kid" aint ya? Also, if you do stick around and are legit, like Charlie said......."You can't be too thin skinned around here". If yer gonna stick around head on over to the Introductions Thread and let us know a little about you, it's a good way to meet some of the forum members.....Hell you already got yer baptism by fire here in your thread.....it's all gravy now:evil:

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I just typed "80 percent lower" in google chrome. Then clicked the drop down that added "legal".

It brought up numerous threads and blogs describing exactly what they are and how it works.

Patriot1776

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2014
    Lubbock/ New Braunfels
    Yea sorry didnt really realize it was a concerning topic. It was just my keyword i was searching for i guess one i put in polymer80 it lead me to what i was looking for! Sorry if i got you guys thinking i was troll or something. I genuinely just wanted to learn.

Patriot1776

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2014
    Lubbock/ New Braunfels
    Yea see i ddint understand that the 80% was for the lower reciever cause it wasnt a firearm just a hunk of metal, i was jumbled up by the bits of what i understood. Thank yall for the help tho!

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Yea sorry didnt really realize it was a concerning topic. It was just my keyword i was searching for i guess one i put in polymer80 it lead me to what i was looking for! Sorry if i got you guys thinking i was troll or something. I genuinely just wanted to learn.
    that thought hasn't gone away I promise you.....take my advice above, if you arnt.......it will go a ways in showing yer not. If not you are on yer own

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Why won't you post an introduction?

If you did, and you actually hung around and met some people you could learn a ton here.

Top Bottom