• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I lived upstate NY for a third of my life, moved to TX in 2000. I'll take the heat over cold, one winter we had snow from Thanksgiving to Easter. -24° was not uncommon. Snowblower duty twice a day. I'm older now and I believe thin skinned so I like the heat. I mow my grass when it's 90°.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I smile at the fact there is one yard machine I'll never have to own, a snow-blower!

Funny story, some years ago, I put my boat up for sale or trade on Craigslist. Got an email from a guy that wanted to trade a snow-blower for my boat. I just laughed! I did end up trading it for a riding mower though.
    I think there is a snowblower like the Roomba. I know there is a lawnmower like the Roomba.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    I moved here because it was supposed to be warm. Finally...

Also noting where I grew up we started predawn, took off from 1 to 6 and got going again until 10. Standard practice for half the world.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I learned when in AZ start your day at 4:am end it at 9-10:00 am
    If you need more time then 6:00pm till 0 dark thirty is good. Time change will fvck this all up you'll have to re adjust. Good luck!
    During the summer, when it gets really hot, my father does things outside in the early morning up to about 11:00 am, and then after the sun goes down.

Many times, I do most of my mowing in the later evening, and after dark. That's why I mounted LED lights on my mower.

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    When I worked in DC (98*, 98% humidity from June thru September) I carried a starvel Beretta. Stainless steel still needs cleaned and oiled every few days, but everything else just RUSTS!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    When I worked in DC (98*, 98% humidity from June thru September) I carried a starvel Beretta. Stainless steel still needs cleaned and oiled every few days, but everything else just RUSTS!
    Even stainless steel will rust. Just takes longer for it to happen, but it does happen. The higher the content of Chromium the longer it takes.

Top Bottom