• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    On the bolt drag with the ADL. It comes from the bolts body rubbing rough machining inside the top rear loop of the receiver.

Remove the stock and smear the bolt with Red rubbing compound, wd-40. Wd-40 gives a slurry. Work the action for a bit till the polish starts getting a black tinge. Pull the bolt and rub it with 0000 steel wool. Wash the bolt and action of polish and steel wool hairs.

Repeat with the compound. Once you get a somewhat smooth bolt movement. Pull the action apart and wash the hell out it. Use your favorite oil. If it's smooth with compound, it's three times better with oil.

It doesn't take much to get the adl bolt as smooth or smoother then an engine turned bdl bolt.
    Texas SOT

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Damn. I'm gonna make a weekend project with this. I'll balance it once I get my scope.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

It'll be an entirely new rifle. The factory stock out the door sucks. It's front heavy to the point it's annoying. I think that's why folks toss the factory stocks?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Ever do something and forget how the hell you did it?

Oops. Looks like I drilled the resin to adjust the weight. I coulda swore I used lead shot. Guess something else got balanced with lead. The big hole use to be a pill bottle(notice the green). If I'm remembering right, the weight of the resin alone was more then enough to balance it out. I expected to have to add weight. Turned out, I had enough even with the pill bottle void.

Anyway....

da7f7a61c116c3b5eeca623d9a62f867.jpg

a2341515fc0e64dc0d69a8cf7281b5c0.jpg

9d5137403050f65f06f054b4256e9bb8.jpg

Shut up Orbit, dont wanna hear it, lol

"Sent from a puff of smoke"

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    cause the average buyer knows shit about proper rifle balance. They'll buy it for a deer season and then it's off to the pawn shop.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Dammit. The press was for a Mosin. I traded a Ruger P89 for it. The P89 had a slide polish with a P90 trigger retrofit. The ADL was somebody's Christmas gift. That I remember, I think.

Who cares? The rifle is balanced.

Last edited:

bptactical

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    CO
    The plastic used in those "tupperware" stocks is a polypropylene matrix. You will not achieve a chemical bond with it and unless you really roughed it up well and undercut the areas where the epoxy is, it will pop loose eventually.
    With most synthetic matrices you will have to rely on a mechanical bond with your epoxy.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    The plastic used in those "tupperware" stocks is a polypropylene matrix. You will not achieve a chemical bond with it and unless you really roughed it up well and undercut the areas where the epoxy is, it will pop loose eventually.
    With most synthetic matrices you will have to rely on a mechanical bond with your epoxy.

True. The epoxy I used was found. Part 1&2. Said on the bottles, fiberglass resin. Truth, I don't know what the hell it was. I needed a solid that'd stick. Roughing the area up. At least scrubbing with a green scrubby pad. Cleaned with alcohol, orange oil, or choke cleaner. Gotta get it to stick.

Anything from bondo to JB weld. As long as it sticks under repeated recoil......It's suitable.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    What you can't see is that I added less hardner' to the areas in the forearm. I wanted more of a flexible, cushioning effect along the forearm. A kind of recoil progression along the stock. A kind of shock absorber beginning at the front, ending in the back.

Everything ended curing the same, just at different time rates.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    probably. Then it's another $5-$15 bucks for another epoxy.

Some 5 minute crap from Lowe's. Polyurethane hates glue. Ill be damned if I don't find something that'll stick.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Hot Damn. That polyethylene sealant they sale at Lowe's. The commercial stuff that takes a bit to cure. The stuff you see on seams of brick walls.

That shit sticks to everything. Dries like pissed off rubber.

Damn, I shoulda used that. Smooth it out with a popsicle stick. What I didn't want it to stick to, would get a heavy coat of Johnson paste wax.

Last edited:

Chinookman

Two-burning-Six a-turning
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Republic of TEXAS near Victoria
    Bell and Carson stock with aluminum bedding is what mine has and appears to be a quality unit. Had I know I would have requested the one with a adjustable cheek rest.
    As for a scope mine has a 5x15x40mm Bushnell elite. Best I can tell and have read it should be good out to a thousand yds but you vision may vary...lol...good luck and enjoy your new toy!

Top Bottom