• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Have an interview for an equipment Op position tomorrow. Itll be something else on the resume if anything.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    operator they want me to drive a front end loader possibly. Like I said Its something for the skills list. Ive driven a bunch of smaller tractors so Im sure I can learn this if they let me.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    well that interview sucked. Never had someone cuss and carry on because I showed up to an interview, and filled out an application before.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Didn't have experience with big enough equipment. They were even told what I've ran before I was told to come in people kept walking by giving me shitty looks it was weird. haha

That shows major disfunction. Sorry it happened but you dont want to be in a place like that.

I had an interview once with a superintendent where he was apparently letting a board member listen in over the phone and texting with him. Lost interest very quickly. Some places are just toxic.

Keep after it. Unfortunately good steady decent paying jobs are hard to find.

Dont underestimate networking. I know it sounds corny but it helps. Ive been forcing myself to go to networking events.

Im meeting with a recruiter tomorrow. Dont know if there is really a job there for me but I have learned to value networking.

This CDL plus HAZMAT thing sounds very valuable right now and even when the oil work slows down youll still have the skills, certifications and licenses.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Yeah my thinking a right along with y'all's as far as that company goes. Applied at a mud motor shop that has their own NDT guys.

Applied to a few FMC, and weatherford jobs also

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yeah my thinking a right along with y'all's as far as that company goes. Applied at a mud motor shop that has their own NDT guys.

Applied to a few FMC, and weatherford jobs also

Youre doing the right thing. Keep applying. Im saying this because its true of me. I dont know if its true of you.

Sending applications and sitting behind the computer is easy. Getting out and beating the bushes and meeting people is the hard part. Try to do both.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I'll have to look into it. Unfortunately I don't have my EMT-B cert anymore.

Trauma is easy to deal with though.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Got a interview at Gander Wednesday, and some Shale screener rental company in Corpus got my name somehow, and wants to hire me. Guess Ill have to see what they say.

No Idea what I'd do to sell all my shit and move south lol

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Noticed you mentioned the railroad. Did you apply for UP or BNSF? You'll hate the hours but if you stay marked up and work you'll make 6 figures before tax. Are you married or have children? Those could also be a deciding factor for working on the road. You could also apply for diesel shop, maintenance away, or carman. Good luck and if you have any questions about UP, let me know.

Top Bottom