Target Sports

Need .30 cal can: YHM 7.62 Ti Phantom vs AAC 762-SDN-6 ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which would you get?

• YHM 7.62 Ti Phantom

Votes: 9 52.9%
    • AAC 762-SND-6

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    If one more click is too tight and one less is too loose then the more teeth you have will give you a better fit. The more teeth the finer adjustment you will have. If it fits good with 51T then there will be no advantage to have 90T. IMO

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    If one more click is too tight and one less is too loose then the more teeth you have will give you a better fit. The more teeth the finer adjustment you will have. If it fits good with 51T then there will be no advantage to have 90T. IMO

My 18T brake was obsolete almost as soon as I got it because the 51T hit.
    The 90T will eventually obsolete the 51T.

Seems like marketing to me.

Tapatalk sent it.

BLAKEinTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Benbrook
    MK-46 w/ AAC 249-SD Full Auto Baffle Strike - YouTube

YHM makes all sorts of mounts for the 7.62 can including a 15x1 mount

TBA is ok to me its too pricey for what it is and POI shift is really caused by the way the can affects the harmonics of the barrel and really is not constant with weight, a SF 762K can is about 19oz while a YHM Ti 762 is 15 but the SF will have minimum POI shift, baffles can affect POI also

Also on the M1A be sure to get a Schuster nut so you dont beat your gun up along with the different rollers for the hk variant

Im in FtWorth and have 1 YHM Ti 762 with the brake inbound will sell it for $835 plus tax pm if interested

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    MK-46 w/ AAC 249-SD Full Auto Baffle Strike - YouTube
    Also on the M1A be sure to get a Schuster nut so you dont beat your gun up along with the different rollers for the hk variant
    Thanks for the info! I have a Schuster nut on the way. Didn't know about the rollers for the HK though. If I gotta switch out rollers between suppressed and unsuppressed maybe it's not worth the trouble for that rifle. That's a great price on the YHM can, but I'm kinda committed already. I told a dealer one of those cans was sold when it came in, and I don't like to jerk people around when I say something like that. I will keep you in mind for my next can though.

Huntindoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Temple
    There is a video on you tube of the can flying off of the SAW at the silencer shoot. The mount stayed on the gun. In the video you can easily see the can wobble on the end of the gun during the last string before it goes flying. It appears it backed off the teeth and unscrewed itself. I don't know if it was a new 90 tooth mount or a 51.

BLAKEinTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Benbrook
    I know Mers told Dave from Liberty Suppressors the 18T mount unscrewed itself when shot so the increased the teeth to 51T and they still at problems so they increased it again to 90T there is some vids out there of people shooting their cans and you can see it unscrew the guy put some tape on the front as a witness mark

Supposedly the guys at Silencerco have solved AACs problem with the saker and its mount

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    Well it looks like the thread for the M1A are .595 x 32 not 5/8x24. That means I need a 1/2x28 adapter that cost $160 plus the cost of a bunch of other mounts for the 30BA. I could see being into it for $1500 before all is said and done. For around the same money I can get the YHM 7.62Ti and the Wraith XL QD, to use as a dedicated 9mm slidefire SBR can. (The QD mount is what I will need to make sure I don't get baffle strikes from the can coming loose or possibly wobbling around during rapid fire.) Gotta wait till the YHM cans come in. I'll probably call Silencerco and check on when the 7.62 Saker will be out before I pull the trigger on the YHM.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    I have both cans in the older versions yhm phantom & acc 76SD, and the YHM has bad POI shift also, and my groups opened up once i put it on my gun***EDIT*** my groups with the can off opened way up through the long terrible phantom flash hider...

AAC looks great, but also has POI shift. i like the tone of the AAC much better also.

ONLY REASON I see to get the yhm is if you are using it SBR ar15's and you don't want the weight, and you want to shoot 300wins and up.. I got mine to put on my 300 wsm, but refused to mess with my barrel after I found out the gun was .25 out of the box...

I know the new cans are different in slight ways but I still think my opinion above to be on par.

Top Bottom