• rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Texas Star

th?id=JN.2AsiQlN6q0FPD68kTKBJ7w&pid=15.jpg

I'd put that on the hood. Gonzales and Gadsden flags on the doors.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    how's that grocery getter looking Bigun? Any more progress on the paint job?
    Coming along nicely. Painted most the day today but mainly small detail stuff. Nothing worth posting a pic of.

Still need to drop the spare to get at the back of the cab. That will probably be next weekend.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    The small parts I painted and the front of the truck all done. Just have to put the rings back on the lights and the shackles back on. I will get that all buttoned up this week after work.

d27bf62debf551b862f254b1b5478cc7.jpg

b9ece637ed9d59471d9b1e0ba4c2b357.jpg

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    What type of roller did you use Bigun? I cant get over how good it looks. I might be doing that with my truck.....
    I used a big normal paint roller for the big areas, but it was really too much. I really like the smaller 1" x 4" roller though. It worked well for the big areas and also got into some very tight spots too. It worked perfect for the amount of smaller flat areas there are.

There is a 1" x 6" available too that may work better for something that has more flat areas.

I really like the texture a roller leaves compared to the lines a brush leaves. The paint is somewhat self leveling but in this weather it dries too fast to level completely.

As with any painting project the prep work, patients, and good paint make all the difference.

I am not sure how good a gloss or satin finish would come out though. Flat hides a lot of imperfections though. I do know a few guys that paint their personal non MVs with this same color though.

For most vehicles one gallon would be more than enough. I am at maybe a gallon and a quarter so far and most of it has two coats.

d74bf84b5d295ee04db4f46fd039df31.jpg

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    10-4, so you used the foam rollers, got it. My pickup is gonna need some paint before too long, I just might go that rout....
    Actually I haven't used the foam rollers yet. The roller I bought had a cloth head for semi smooth surfaces (same roller size though). I just bought the foam rollers made for super smooth surfaces and think they will work better though.

Just wanted to clarify that. I will use one as soon as I get a chance though and report back.

Top Bottom