• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I own a few glocks. They are already ugly...so you don't have to worry about dinging them up. And they run...and run...and run.

Are they the be all-end all of handguns? Certainly not. Are they perfection as they claim? No.

If they were perfection there would be no need for the huge variety of after market parts available.

I certainly have other brands I enjoy as much or more.

That's why Baskin Robbins makes 31 flavors.

honestly ...I'm a 1911 guy at heart:)

but there's room for others.

except hi point. They are an abomination.

If Baskin-Robbins made Glock-flavored ice cream, Moonpie would never stop talking about it.....

smokey1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Austin,TX
    In a home invasion situation where you are asleep, wake up and your adrenaline is kicking in, don’t have to worry about forgetting even for a split-second( in a very stressful situation) forgetting to click off an external safety lever.

Personally don’t care for Glock triggers for accuracy/target shooting.
    Have a 1911 .45 Colt Gold Cup for range days.

For home defense application, Glock on the nightstand at all times.
    They are very cheap feeling to me, but very utilitarian in nature.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    My first handgun purchase was a g17. I carried but since have sold a g27. Now my edc are my sig p229 and CZ p-10c. I highly doubt it I ever buy another glock but I will also never sell my g17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    unless glock comes out with something in a different cartridge, i won't be buying anything beyond the 7 gen4's i have (17,20,21,22,31,40,41)! s&w on the other hand, i'd buy, buy and buy more. the 2 9mil full size i have (both 4 1/4") as 1 is a mod1 and the other a mod2. mod1 is factory ported and shoots very flat with +p ammo. the p226 i have is great, but heavy.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    unless glock comes out with something in a different cartridge, i won't be buying anything beyond the 7 gen4's i have (17,20,21,22,31,40,41)! s&w on the other hand, i'd buy, buy and buy more. the 2 9mil full size i have (both 4 1/4") as 1 is a mod1 and the other a mod2. mod1 is factory ported and shoots very flat with +p ammo. the p226 i have is great, but heavy.
    <>

I had a 3913 which had been worked-over by a good Texas gunsmith. It was my favorite carry gun of all time. Sadly, my Son got it stolen by a “valet parker”.

I absolutely hate valet parkers.

Then, when one does steal something, their employer acts like it is the customer’s fault.

I’d ride my bicycle early mornings in the N.O. CBD & French Quarter, and see them looting cars. The NOPD wouldn’t come & there was no way for a passer-by to tell from which hotel.

<>

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    <>

I had a 3913 which had been worked-over by a good Texas gunsmith. It was my favorite carry gun of all time. Sadly, my Son got it stolen by a “valet parker”.

I absolutely hate valet parkers.

Then, when one does steal something, their employer acts like it is the customer’s fault.

I’d ride my bicycle early mornings in the N.O. CBD & French Quarter, and see them looting cars. The NOPD wouldn’t come & there was no way for a passer-by to tell from which hotel.

<>
    well cars aint holsters lmao.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    Never owned one. Dad bought a Glock 17 30 years ago right before the AWB ‘cause he wanted the 17rd mag. I’ve shot a few. I generally hate striker fired pistols. I think the triggers are spongy. I have a Beretta 92, Springfield 1911, Taurus 6” .357. Ruger SP101 stainless, Tokarev CZ52, SIG P226, Walther PPK/s .380 which I carry regularly. I like safeties on my carry pistols. If I’m worried about quick draw/simplicity, I’ll use a revolver. I don’t want a gun going off when I put it in my pocket for carry or take it out, or when I jam it in my glove box or console in my car. I mostly pocket carry my Walther in a pocket holster, and I practice regularly drawing and firing thumbing off the safety and double action for the first shot, I am considering getting a Sig M17/P320 striker fired with the thumb safety that the Army had them make it with. No Glocks. I like my balls and my right leg too much.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    You are correct about the Glock perfection fanatics, but the 1911 crowd has it's share of them too.
    1911 perfection fanatics exist? You could have fooled me. Yes, many praise JMB for the 111 but the truth is, the 1911 is probably the most worked on pistol, as to modifications, in the world. It seems there is a never ending quest to make it better - so how anyone thinks it is perfection befuddles me. Indeed if it was such an excellent pistol why do folks keep changing it? While I like Glocks and got used to them when issued them when I was Customs agent, I also have been issued, or own own and have owned various brands of 1911s, Beretta 92 series pistols (and several other Berettas), SIGs, S&W pistols, High Standard pistols, Rugers semi-autos, an HK pistol and other semi autos as well as Colt, Charter Arms, Ruger and S&W. Iver Johnson, H&R revolvers among others. None of them attain perfection. Yet I have attained very good to excellent proficiency with every one of them

I have to say, Glocks are better than most semi-autos I have owned; although when it comes to functional reliability, ease of use and especially my accuracy across all the pistols I have ever shot - I prefer a Beretta 92 series over the others but they are just to big to carry every day - even the so called compact models. So, I usually carry a Glock 26 - mostly due to size and the fact that Glock 19 mags work in in them and those are the mags in my mag pouches and I guess also because I carried one on the job formany years. If there was a truly subcompact Beretta 92 series, I might go for one of them but as I said even their compact models are not small enough. As it is, I find Glocks to be a close second to Berettas when it comes to performance and reliability. As for my accuracy, while I have shot semi-autos best with Beretta 92 series pistols, I have no to very little difficulty shooting any pistol or revolver very well. All the talk about the prefection of the 1911 grip angle, that I have heard over the years, makes me laugh. I believe one should become proficient with any firearm you shoot instead of whining about how you do not like this one or that one because it differs from a 1911's grip angle or that the grip of any brand is not right for you. There may be some few guns where the grip is just not right for an average size hand or even for large or small hands but I have not fired one yet and those I have instructed have not fired them either because I taught them that it is on them - not on the grip angle - as to how well or not that they shoot.

Your opinion may differ that is just my three cents.

raven762308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2021
    Anna, TX
    If you dont own a glock already I dont see a reason to get one when you have other brands which out compete Glock in features and price. For instance, Smith and Wesson's M&P2.0 Compact comes Optics Ready, decent sights, and their new non-hinge trigger for either the same price or cheaper than a Glock 19 MOS. You can even get the M&P2.0 Compact with a threaded barrel for not much more money. So to me the hype over the new G19X MOS with threaded barrel is just ...meh.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    If you dont own a glock already I dont see a reason to get one when you have other brands which out compete Glock in features and price. For instance, Smith and Wesson's M&P2.0 Compact comes Optics Ready, decent sights, and their new non-hinge trigger for either the same price or cheaper than a Glock 19 MOS. You can even get the M&P2.0 Compact with a threaded barrel for not much more money. So to me the hype over the new G19X MOS with threaded barrel is just ...meh.
    While I started with a mod1 9mil I quickly obtained 7 gen4's. With more options in the mod2i will quickly leave the glock's behind for more s&w's! The s&w's just need more tuning that the glock's.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kbansal98
    Top Bottom