Not open for further replies.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Arguably too democratic.
    We now have a republic, except we didn't elect the mods.
    If that sounds familiar ...
    It wouldn't take away from the mod's current autocratic powers. It'd be in addition to. Just a way to help us self moderate and ease the burden on actual moderators.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    All I see is you clowns tanking this forum. You'll let some users get away with personal attacks all day long and censor others who are just merely responding. You can not like the ideas certain members post, but if they are not violating the rules, why not let their ideas stand? That is without your henchman going around trying to insult them and bait them into defending themselves so you can have an easy excuse to delete their posts or ban them.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    You've let Younggun carry on his antics as a moderator. Go after anyone he doesn't like. Pulling the same crap he's known for.
    That's the problem here.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    There are forums out there that people laugh at because the owner or one of the moderators tries to dominate all the discussions and bans anyone he disagrees with, just like how Younggun is starting to act currently. Don't say I didn't warn you all.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    And they always seem to have their little boot lickin henchmen who go out starting crap and who are completely immune from the rules and punishment.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I made a posted about mutual respect. Not feeling the vibe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    ...and then you've got the ones that can't ever be civil...always have to argue and try to insult people

"You clowns" "antics" "boot licking henchman"?

How could you possibly think that would advance the conversation into a change that you would like to see?

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    JL, you perfectly captured what the problem is with your post - not your theory - but massive attitude and complete lack of manners and mutual respect.

Why not address what you see as a problem without being a complete jerk? Is it really that hard?

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Wow, Johnny... Yer ass hurt much? Vaq (or one of the other mods - I'm assuming it was Vaq because he made a "no personal attacks" post right after I noticed mine had disappeared) zapped one of my posts yesterday (in that Kore Essentials thread - I called OP an asshole for doing what he had). Am I complaining about it? Hell no - I just redid the post sans what got it zapped and moved the hell on, because I know enough to admit when I fucked up, learn from what I did and try not to make that same mistake again.

Moderation here may have some issues (hell, what forum doesn't?), but I've seen a fuckload worse over the years, some of which I still can't believe actually happened.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I actually do think the mods are more or less fair, and consistent. If you have a problem with one of them, take it to PM. Every single time I have said something to a mod about something they did that I thought was BS in a PM, they have responded. If you feel like getting into a contest of "let's see who can be the biggest asshole on TGT" then by all means, start a thread about it and let the rest of us laugh at you.

I personally think this group of mods are far too kind to a lot of the flat brimmers that call them out. I would handle them a LOT differently.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom