Target Sports

modern males. Will there be any men left in 30 years?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    You'd be surpprised how most people expect to get Antibiotics when they go to the doctor for sniffles. They expect to get sleeping pills. They expect to get pain medication.

I can tell you that pretty much most of the above is not good in most situations, but patient visits will take twice as long and generally people and they will leave thinking you are an idiot and not come back.

I'm not sticking up for those MD's. Believe me. Just the way the world works.

Wash your hands.
    Don't take antibioitics for the sniffles.
    Know that somethingl like one third of people are colonized with resistant bacteria, like MRSA. Oh well. Resistant bacteria are simply more common, espeically in larger hospitals. Don't get me started on antibiotic shortages. I really don't worry about resistant gram postive infections. Lots of drugs to treat MRSA. Gram negative on the other hand scares the tar out of me. . .

I don't think I'lll be in medicine like I am now in 5 years. We will see.

Barney_Fife

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    This is acceptable if you only refer to him/her(?) as "Bruce from the Before Times" in the document

I remember the day Bruce showed-up on my Wheaties. We really ate Wheaties. I liked my Wheaties with a healthy layer of pure white sugar, and the milk had to be at just the right level. Not enough, and some of the Wheaties would be dry when you got to the bottom of the bowl. Too much milk and the Wheaties would swell up and go soft, lose form and turn into nasty cold mush. There is a "perfect Wheaties texture" that only an expert Wheaties eater could achieve, and then only with practice. Also, bananas made Wheaties taste much better, but you had to have the bananas cut and ready to go, and they went on top, last. The secret to eating Wheaties is about milk to Wheaties ratio, and timing. Eat too slow and you have a soggy mess. You eat from the bottom of the center of the bowl, where they've had a chance to soak, and not from the upper edge of the bowl. And while eating the Wheaties, it's a good idea to push some of the drier Wheaties down into the milk, so they have a chance to absorb enough, but not too much, of the milk.

I post all of this to prove my Wheaties-eating credentials. Anyone else that has made a regular practice of eating Wheaties will back me up on all of this, unless they are some kind of toothless philistine that doesn't care about the Wheaties going in, but only care about the Wheaties as they are coming out. As a true, bona-fide, 100% middle-American Wheaties Eater, I never once gave a single thought to the idea of "fiber" in the Wheaties, nor what effect that fiber would have on the manner of the Wheaties exit. True Wheaties Eater love their Wheaties for what they are, and not for what they are going to be. Basic, standard Wheaties philosophy here.

But when "Bruce" appeared on the Wheaties box, for some reason they never tasted quite right. The Tv would talk about Bruce and all the wonderful things he did, I guess he was like Mark Spitz only he did other stuff. I had no idea what it was that Bruce did, but I was pretty sure it was weird, even back then. Something like "tri" or "bi" or something-or-other along those lines. It was like, even back then, he wasn't exactly sure what he was all about, and wanted it to be about everything.

Anyways, he made the Wheaties taste weird. Not even a big huge banana could preserve the wonderment of the Wheaties. The milk looked funny in the bowl, and the Wheaties were too flaky and too soggy too. Just cold and nasty much in the bowl. And from that moment onward, I left my beloved Wheaties and went on to something else ("Freakies" cereal, and Cap'n Crunch, with Crunchberries, and Count Chocula). But never Wheaties, ever again. The end of an era.

Now I take "Equate" (from Walmart) psyllium fiber (orange flavor) because now I care about the exit, and I really don't want to take the time to eat a whole bowl of something, just to get 4 teaspoons of fiber down. I'm not saying Bruce ruined my childhood Wheaties American Dream, I'm just saying he made it weird, and I'll never be able to look at Wheaties the same way, ever again.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I remember the day Bruce showed-up on my Wheaties. We really ate Wheaties. I liked my Wheaties with a healthy layer of pure white sugar, and the milk had to be at just the right level. Not enough, and some of the Wheaties would be dry when you got to the bottom of the bowl. Too much milk and the Wheaties would swell up and go soft, lose form and turn into nasty cold mush. There is a "perfect Wheaties texture" that only an expert Wheaties eater could achieve, and then only with practice. Also, bananas made Wheaties taste much better, but you had to have the bananas cut and ready to go, and they went on top, last. The secret to eating Wheaties is about milk to Wheaties ratio, and timing. Eat too slow and you have a soggy mess. You eat from the bottom of the center of the bowl, where they've had a chance to soak, and not from the upper edge of the bowl. And while eating the Wheaties, it's a good idea to push some of the drier Wheaties down into the milk, so they have a chance to absorb enough, but not too much, of the milk.

I post all of this to prove my Wheaties-eating credentials. Anyone else that has made a regular practice of eating Wheaties will back me up on all of this, unless they are some kind of toothless philistine that doesn't care about the Wheaties going in, but only care about the Wheaties as they are coming out. As a true, bona-fide, 100% middle-American Wheaties Eater, I never once gave a single thought to the idea of "fiber" in the Wheaties, nor what effect that fiber would have on the manner of the Wheaties exit. True Wheaties Eater love their Wheaties for what they are, and not for what they are going to be. Basic, standard Wheaties philosophy here.

But when "Bruce" appeared on the Wheaties box, for some reason they never tasted quite right. The Tv would talk about Bruce and all the wonderful things he did, I guess he was like Mark Spitz only he did other stuff. I had no idea what it was that Bruce did, but I was pretty sure it was weird, even back then. Something like "tri" or "bi" or something-or-other along those lines. It was like, even back then, he wasn't exactly sure what he was all about, and wanted it to be about everything.

Anyways, he made the Wheaties taste weird. Not even a big huge banana could preserve the wonderment of the Wheaties. The milk looked funny in the bowl, and the Wheaties were too flaky and too soggy too. Just cold and nasty much in the bowl. And from that moment onward, I left my beloved Wheaties and went on to something else ("Freakies" cereal, and Cap'n Crunch, with Crunchberries, and Count Chocula). But never Wheaties, ever again. The end of an era.

Now I take "Equate" (from Walmart) psyllium fiber (orange flavor) because now I care about the exit, and I really don't want to take the time to eat a whole bowl of something, just to get 4 teaspoons of fiber down. I'm not saying Bruce ruined my childhood Wheaties American Dream, I'm just saying he made it weird, and I'll never be able to look at Wheaties the same way, ever again.
    I was in tears by the end. You know, manly tears, the ones that are a single breath, seemingly no different than any other causal breath to a woman, but to a man, it's the waterworks inside. *sigh*

#youngheterowhiteboysdreamsmatter

jmarsh223

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015

Must agree, although I only used Wheaties as carp bait. Grandpa's old trick I learned when he was teaching me to be manly lol

Jon

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress

Bruce Lee?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    View attachment 35865 View attachment 35866

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Couldn't agree more. My daughters are manlier than some of these clowns these days. ah shit, broke a nail typing this, gotta go

Top Bottom