• ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Straw man argument. False logic.

I carry a .45 when I go out. I do not have to choose between carrying a .22 and leaving a .45 home.
    Not entirely staw man...

People are by nature lazy and if the weight, bulk, clothing requirements create pressures to not carry a full sized handgun, then it will often be left at home.

My daily carry is a Glock 43, exactly because it is smaller, lighter and easier to dress around compared to my G17 or my 1911 and so gets left at home only the rare times I just forget it, which is about as often I forget my wallet.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Not entirely staw man...

People are by nature lazy and if the weight, bulk, clothing requirements create pressures to not carry a full sized handgun, then it will often be left at home.

My daily carry is a Glock 34, exactly because it is smaller, lighter and easier to dress around compared to my G17 or my 1911 and so gets left at home only the rare times I just forget it, which is about as often I forget my wallet.

People make a choice. To carry or not carry.

1911's come in CCO and compact, both in .45. Smaller than a full sized but just as effective.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Not entirely staw man...

My daily carry is a Glock 34 43, exactly because it is smaller, lighter and easier to dress around compared to my G17 or my 1911 and so gets left at home only the rare times I just forget it, which is about as often I forget my wallet.

Dyslexic moment? FIFY, since I know you tote a 43, and the 34 is bigger (at least on the top end) than a G17.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Well, lightning could strike an airliner overhead, causing it to fall on you.

Dozens of airliners are struck by lightning every day. It's exceedingly rare for one fall out of the sky because of it.

As for a defensive caliber, I lean toward 9mm or sometimes .45ACP if I'm feeling spiffy that day. But I wouldn't volunteer to be on the receiving end of .22LR - and as has been mentioned, the best defensive caliber is the one the defender is A) comfortable shooting and B) is carrying when it's needed.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Based on 15 years in law enforcement, including as a CID supervisor, reviewing all shootings and going to autopsies, and 20 plus years in the Army as an Infantryman and Scout, along with hunting hogs and other animals, I think some people over and underestimate calibers.

I believe and most police departments believe the .380 is the lowest acceptable round for self defense. While some countries refer to the .380 as a 9mm (as to an extent it is), it’s a common caliber used with success by militaries and police world wide for decades. Ammo has only gotten better/more effective expansion and penitration.

I also feel the 5.56/.223 is a varmint round and not near as effective as a .308/7.62.

Ball ammo feeds well, but performs only as good as the shot placement.

Yes, you can get lucky and kill a hog or person with a .22. But if on foot in the brush with a pack of hogs, let’s see how well that .22 does.

I trust my life to a .380, more so when I carry a .380 vs leaving a larger and heavier pistol at home.

Ammo selection, reliability, accuracy, and recoil can come it play.

But the .380 is a proven performer, with lots of cases documenting its effectiveness. Oddly a number of Florida cases come to mind.

Top Bottom