• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I don't like the fact that they have to mention its a service member especially in the title..
    (From the second link) And how about the city of NB now looking for ways to put restrictions on the parks and ways to charge money to access the river.
    Look, we found a reason to make new rules and charge people more money.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I don't like the fact that they have to mention its a service member especially in the title..
    (From the second link) And how about the city of NB now looking for ways to put restrictions on the parks and ways to charge money to access the river.
    Look, we found a reason to make new rules and charge people more money.
    Members of the military, like LE and a few other professions have certain expectations put upon them. Just the way it is.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Hes a SSG, Headquarters, 1st Battalion 12th Marine Regiment, MP, Japan 09, his last PCS was to Quantico in 2010.
    12th Marine Regiment has no MPs. It's an artillery unit. 10th Marines, 11th Marines, and 12th Marines are all artillery regiments. 10th is from Camp Lejeune, 11th is on Pendleton, and 12th is from Okinawa.

So, if he's from 12th Marines, then he's not an MP. Especially HQ Battalion! There are no combat arms MOS's in any HQ battalions.

LilIrishTemper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    DFW - Sherman
    12th Marine Regiment has no MPs. It's an artillery unit. 10th Marines, 11th Marines, and 12th Marines are all artillery regiments. 10th is from Camp Lejeune, 11th is on Pendleton, and 12th is from Okinawa.

So, if he's from 12th Marines, then he's not an MP. Especially HQ Battalion! There are no combat arms MOS's in any HQ battalions.

12th was back in 07 in Iraq, As for Japan 09 and Quantico, hes got a 5812 MOS ID and a Secondary MOS 0848.

CAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Bexar County
    I said absolutely. Meaning he had every right to shoot him.

I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding which two statements are contradictory?

To me it came across like you were justifying his actions based on mental state etc. to the degree that the LEO should take it into account with regard to the use of force, implying that deadly force should not be an option in this case, and then in your next post agreeing that deadly force could have been an option. I was trying to understand what your opinion was.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

LilIrishTemper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    DFW - Sherman
    To me it came across like you were justifying his actions based on mental state etc. to the degree that the LEO should take it into account with regard to the use of force, implying that deadly force should not be an option in this case, and then in your next post agreeing that deadly force could have been an option. I was trying to understand what your opinion was.

Sorry about that. I no way, shape or form am I implying that, if he deserved to die then by all means, mental stae or not, but for some reason the officer didn't decide to take his life. I think he has some mental issues & booze didnt help his cause. That said if there was a threat, shoot him. As Texascop has long pointed out, the full story shall will set you free. But if it was a civilian, military or crackhead with or without mental problems, yes deadly force was the answer. As my commontery about vets and ptsd, adhd or pms that was just me thinking aloud and no it doesnt make it right.

I would never armchair QB something like this, since I wasnt there. All it does is get you in trouble. The facts will come out at the trial and for his sake he better be nuts or hes going to pound me in the ass prison for quite awhile.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Sorry about that. I no way, shape or form am I implying that, if he deserved to die then by all means, mental stae or not, but for some reason the officer didn't decide to take his life. I think he has some mental issues & booze didnt help his cause. That said if there was a threat, shoot him. As Texascop has long pointed out, the full story shall will set you free. But if it was a civilian, military or crackhead with or without mental problems, yes deadly force was the answer. As my commontery about vets and ptsd, adhd or pms that was just me thinking aloud and no it doesnt make it right.

I would never armchair QB something like this, since I wasnt there. All it does is get you in trouble. The facts will come out at the trial and for his sake he better be nuts or hes going to pound me in the ass prison for quite awhile.

Pretty good assesment

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    after reading all this my question is what happened to
    honor. it seems the people have no more
    respect for leo's any more

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    Im sure more to the story then this. Im not condoning what he did, but if he had that much control over the cop. He could have easily killed him if he wanted to because thats what they are breed to do. This marine could have just got back from deployment and anyone whos served outside the wire know that the police in Iraq and A-Stan are one of the biggest threats to US service members over there.

It's easy to jump to saying shoot him, but you have zero clue what this guy has gone through.

Alcohol, PTSD, and flashback are the worst combos, easy to judge, which I am kinda stunned as Texas Cop, you are usually the first one to say, the whole story needs to come out before jumping to conclusions. I guess that doesnt apply when its one of your own.

It not the training them to kill part thats the problem, its the help they dont receive when the get home. Look at the 82nd Airborne soldiers that came home and started murdering their wifes within weeks of getting home. 101st same story.

You may be right and there is more to this story---but I have zero tolerance for this shit--I don't give a rat's a$$ if you got whatever you got and how you got it, you need to be held resposible for your actions. People get away with murder all the time pleading insanity, I don't care if your insane, if you kill someone you need to pay the same price as everyone else.

I think this would have a different headline if it was me involved--(Drunk Marine Shot Dead)

Now that I've said all this, I have been lucky that someone didn't shoot me when I was younger (a lot younger). Us old guys view change as we get older

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    It's a sad waste for sure.

Poor idiot ruined what was probably going to be a pretty darn good life trying to play badass. It's a wonder the other officers did not shoot him.

Any real Marine would probably be disgusted by his behavior.

I know I am.

CAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Bexar County

10-4.

LilIrishTemper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    DFW - Sherman
    after reading all this my question is what happened to
    honor. it seems the people have no more
    respect for leo's any more

Because kids/young adults feel "entitled" to everything. Basics start at home, I make my kid push mow our lawn, not to be mean but to show them a little hard work will not kill them I have a new Cub Cadet rider sitting in my garge and they piss and moan because its so much easier. But what are they learning? Nothing. You want money, you work for it.

My kids are deathly afraid of police because of their dead beat father, who's been arrested at gunpoint at my house more then once.

I have my 15 yo son who just got his Learners permit signed up monday to do the Drunk Driving, texting course and rollover simulator, at the DPS so it will show him the police arent out to get him and get pointers from the troopers hes going to be riding with.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    As my commontery about vets and ptsd, adhd or pms that was just me thinking aloud and no it doesnt make it right.

I've seen a handful of guys back from various deployments that have clean lost it upstairs. One guy just couldn't "turn it off" and probably couldn't function in society, but I think he'd do OK in the military ... in fact we talked about it for a while and I honestly told him that he'd be better off just going back in and giving it a few years.

Another kid would do knife "drills", talk about shit he obviously didn't do (but he believed it 100%), wouldn't bathe, etc. He had a pretty rough situation and we pulled his DD-214 just to make sure he wasn't booted on a dishonorable or general with psych. The kid had issues, and I hope he gets the right help.

Had one guy that would come into the range from time to time, ex-Marine, and his mannerisms were very much inline with this thread. He was real blank and would react pretty aggressively to commands and was really not one to give a shit. Just kinda came off as someone that had written off alot in life and was going to do what he wanted to do. Some days he was better than others.

I think we're going to see more of this as time goes on, and I also think that the military has fallen short on getting these guys help.

Top Bottom