• ...and so much more!
  • Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    DSC_0536.JPG
    I love mine. By the way if you ever want to shoot one at Bexar Bowling give me a holler.

Attachments

• DSC_0536.JPG
      DSC_0536.JPG
      744.8 KB · Views: 657

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Picked up mine today. It's a very nice Imbel with the original paint on it. I threw a 1950s era Lee Enfield sling on it just to have something to carry it around with. I think that's what the Brits did with the L1A1. The Enfield sling seems to be a very good match. Those old web slings are dirt cheap. I found a black one for $7 at Sarco, so I went ahead and ordered one along with a "new" Rhodesian/Bush War mag and one of those black leather cheek risers that the Brits used on their "sniper" L1A1s. Those were also surprisingly cheap and I figured it might be a nice addition to the gun for when I get around to adding a rail and scope to it.

The trigger on mine was better than expected. It's not a match trigger by anyone's standards, but I can definitely live with it.

FAL.jpg

Attachments

• FAL.jpg
      FAL.jpg
      99.2 KB · Views: 487
    Last edited:

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I'm intrigued by the FAL and would like to have one (or five). I just don't know enough about them. A friend of mine sent me the link to this now completed auction:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/869573468

I sure like the looks of that one but, man, $4900 is a lot of money. I think that's actually a pretty normal price for these.

I know I want the real FN and I think a Styer import is a nice way to go.

Who has a FAL? What's your take on them?
    I have a L1A1 Aussie configuration with rotating disc rear sight, Trilux and G3 style 4x scopes for it.
    I added Wolfe springs and a trigger pull reduction set.
    How do I like it? Well I am selling my three other combat rifles and keeping this one!

ghostrider45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    Central Texas
    I have a L1A1 Aussie configuration with rotating disc rear sight, Trilux and G3 style 4x scopes for it.
    I added Wolfe springs and a trigger pull reduction set.
    How do I like it? Well I am selling my three other combat rifles and keeping this one!

can you point me to a source/image/doc on the rotating disc rear sight?

TXSapper

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2021
    Austin
    I have a cheapo one built on a Hesse receiver. With decent mags, it’s a swiss clock. I would love another and if this BS does down, DSA might get some of my money.

Reactions: gll

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Brought these home today. I had to do some cleaning on the FAL. A friend thought double wrapping it in trashbags and packing tape was a good long term storage plan. The FN 49 fared much better in its trash bag

4076c4f50eaa8a931939514c16bc5ef4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I have a cheapo one built on a Hesse receiver. With decent mags, it’s a swiss clock. I would love another and if this BS does down, DSA might get some of my money.
    Mine is similar... I had a very good L1A1 parts kit built on an Enterprise Arms milled receiver in 1994, just before the AWB, believing if I didn't get it then, I never would. Had I imagined that the AWB would be allowed to expire, I might have just waited it out! It's not a beautiful rifle, except that it shares the design, but it has always been fully functional and has never jammed once. Shooting precision is par.

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    Brought these home today. I had to do some cleaning on the FAL. A friend thought double wrapping it in trashbags and packing tape was a good long term storage plan. The FN 49 fared much better in its trash bag

4076c4f50eaa8a931939514c16bc5ef4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Nice pair.
    What caliber is the FN49?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members