• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Btw, nobody is forcing anybody to LS, don't do it you're not comfortable doing it.

The TX law that was on the books said something about you had to have med ins and MSF training

Would just be nice if it were legal.

To what law are you referring? The helmet law required a minimum amount of insurance or MSF training to ride without a helmet if you are over 18. Lane Splitting has never been legal here.

Now, MSF is required to get a motorcycle endorsement.
    Lynx Defense

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    To what law are you referring? The helmet law required a minimum amount of insurance or MSF training to ride without a helmet if you are over 18. Lane Splitting has never been legal here.

Now, MSF is required to get a motorcycle endorsement.
    No never been legal in tx

But,There was a bill to allow LS that came up to vote, didn't make it.

that bill was written w those caveats, I think

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Lol.

I hope you aren't hurt to bad when the day comes you realize that your skills aren't as great as you believe.

Have you considered that maybe those "Jasses" that tried to swerve in front of you were just driving when some Jass on a bike came flying up in a non existent lane?

Sorry, your entitlement attitude towards riding is gonna get you hurt one day. Hope it's not too serious when it happens and you can learn from it.

ScorpionHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Driftwood
    Not really, I'm getting out of drivers way and getting of the road quicker, 1 less vehicle on the road

if I'm "endangering" myself that's on me.

You do realize LS is the way of life in the rest of the WORLD

I ride my slow bike as fast as I can, I control my traffic situation. But that's me and what I advised my former students.

Of course, if you are in an accident the lane get closed and slows down traffic for thousands of people. But if you're dead, well, then I guess that's not your problem anymore.

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    When your riding at 20mph and cars are going 10 , if you wear a helmet chances of getting dead are pretty slim.

We're not talking 40/50/60

That's not splitting

Pretty sure CA law is written like 15 over moving traffic

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Bike 20 / cars 10 = LS

Bike 90 /cars 60 = stupid

I've not no problem if guys like me are driving F150's. If you are aware of what's coming up - no prob. I've driven on the autobahns in Deutschland in some horrible French car. I'd be going 200 kmh - maybe - and constantly had to watch the rear view mirrors. Some dude in a Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Mustang (lol) would be up my ass in an instant. I just doubt that there are enough aware drivers on the road to make it safe.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Been riding bikes for 51 years and have traveled extensively. I've never been a lane splitter....ever and I'm too old to start now.

Flash

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Sorry, but if I'm in line at a red light and some jackass pulls up in front of me on his bike it is going to piss me off.

Wait your turn like everyone else.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Wish it was legal, I'd do it more often. ;)

Ed, I can't count the number of years I've listened to you preach to others all things MSF, AGATT, obeying the law, etc, etc, so you can imagine my surprise to hear you promoting LS in TX. I'll be damned.

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Ed, I can't count the number of years I've listened to you preach to others all things MSF, AGATT, obeying the law, etc, etc, so you can imagine my surprise to hear you promoting LS in TX. I'll be damned.
    We're all hypocrites in some ways, and w the audience you speak of, you know those guys are idiots. Thru don't need any encouragement to act stupid, lol

And I've posted my opinion on MH as well on LS

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    When I'm out there in my 4X4 truck or my 3/4 ton Suburban, I expect all motor vehicles to occupy the spaces in the lanes that a normal vehicle would. Front, back, in the lane slots to the right and left of me. So if you choose to break the law and run up along beside inches from my door handles and you go down, all I will feel is a slight bump as I continue down the highway. I will not swerve and possibly endanger myself to make room for someone who is not following traffic laws.

good luck to you.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LAKRAMER1211
    Top Bottom