• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Gun store I used to use always pushed Kimber as I guess the profit motivation was higher. Never fell for it and they are out of business. Never fired a Kimber but have not heard anything good about them.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Years back I really liked the looks of the Kimber TLE II. Bought a Remington R1 Enhanced on impulse instead, even got a threaded barrel free with the promo they were running.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    So, raise your hand if you'll be staying up late tonight just to see that announcement.
    I can see some of you pressing the F5 key on the keyboard to refresh the web page.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Wondering where all the negative feelings to Kimber come from? I have two Kimbers that IMHO are attractive guns, and have always performed well. Is the negativity based in fact, or if we substituted Kimber for any other manufacturers name would we see similar comments?

QC is spotty. Some of their guns are 100% dead nuts reliable. I had a Custom TLE that was great and never had an issue that wasn't mag related. That's not the case for all their guns, especially their micro guns. The Solo has a terrible reputation. Their guns under Commander size get pretty dicey. Like Sig - their older guns were a lot better than the stuff they're cranking out today. Like Sig - they focused on cosmetics and having "different" versions of the same gun instead of just making a rock solid, perfect gun in one or two models. Also like Sig, they've retracted a lot and don't make as many of the special edition stuff, but they suffer from spotty QC still.

They also get a bad rap for the MIM parts they use, even though metal injection molding when done right is 99% as strong as forged or stamped.

Kimber can make great guns. But when it comes down to it, for a duty/service/carry/defensive weapon, reliability beats beauty every day. LAPD SWAT dumped Kimber's gun made just for them in favor of the Glock 21. That's just one example. They had a huge sample source, compared to the average (or most above-average income) shooters and found the Kimbers lacking in the reliability department.

jtw2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Cedar Creek
    Wondering where all the negative feelings to Kimber come from? I have two Kimbers that IMHO are attractive guns, and have always performed well. Is the negativity based in fact, or if we substituted Kimber for any other manufacturers name would we see similar comments?
    I had the polymer Kimber double stack (forget the model) years ago that I carried until I stress tested in a class and it started choking so bad I finished with my sig 226

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    3081BD55-698F-4FAB-A2DB-0DA94ECD152F.jpeg

Top Bottom