I read the title and thought: “A working 1911”? :laughing::laughing:
    tenor-5.gif

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    You have to give credit to Kimber's marketing team. They do an excellent job of convincing new gun owners into thinking Kimber is some kind of premium brand.....which they are not.
    Yeah, until I really started paying attention to reviews I was sure Kimber was a high quality brand...turns out they're one of the reasons Glock-afflicted people think 1911s are jam-o-matics.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I have a couple predictions:

1.) Its going to be at least Glock 26 size - so fatter than a P365 or Shield Plus, maybe with the same dimensions of the S&W MP9 Compact gen 1 aka Sub Compact in 2.0 flavor
    2.) Its going to be picky about ammo
    3.) Its going to have an MSRP of $1499 or higher
    4.) Every gun magazine in print is going to have gushing reviews of it for the next six months
    5.) You won't even see the damn thing on store shelves until June of next year
    6.) "Striker Drag" is going to be a thing, and Tim from Military Arms Channel is going have three broken examples in his collection by December of 2022
    7. Next year, provided the gun is not a complete and total flop, they'll release an optics-ready version with a $250 price premium
    8. If the gun doesn't flop after the optics version is released, they'll release a bunch of stupid special editions with different finishes, including rainbow titanium, Tiffany Blue, bead blasted stainless, and a high polish stainless.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas

1.) Its going to be at least Glock 26 size - so fatter than a P365 or Shield Plus, maybe with the same dimensions of the S&W MP9 Compact gen 1 aka Sub Compact in 2.0 flavor
    4.) Every gun magazine in print is going to have gushing reviews of it for the next six months
    6.) "Striker Drag" is going to be a thing, and Tim from Military Arms Channel is going have three broken examples in his collection by December of 2022
    7. Next year, provided the gun is not a complete and total flop, they'll release an optics-ready version with a $250 price premium
    8. If the gun doesn't flop after the optics version is released, they'll release a bunch of stupid special editions with different finishes, including rainbow titanium, Tiffany Blue, bead blasted stainless, and a high polish stainless.
    Probably.

All the flavors of bubblegum have been made. No one in the industry has done anything worth caring about. They just copy each other.

It’s gonna be a striker gun. Hell maybe it’s a Frankenstein 1911 slide and single stack mags.

The only thing that would truly stick out in the industry right now is if Glock gets off their ass and gives us a sweet modular pcc gun. And if keltec gets off theirs and gives us a beefed up sub2000 in 10mm.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Probably.

All the flavors of bubblegum have been made. No one in the industry has done anything worth caring about. They just copy each other.

It’s gonna be a striker gun. Hell maybe it’s a Frankenstein 1911 slide and single stack mags.

The only thing that would truly stick out in the industry right now is if Glock gets off their ass and gives us a sweet modular pcc gun. And if keltec gets off theirs and gives us a beefed up sub2000 in 10mm.

Welp, people were clamoring for "single stack" Glocks for over 20 years before Glock relented. They aren't even true single stacks, using a semi-staggered stack magazine (same with S&W's Shield)

I still haven't picked up a G48 yet, but I was one of those, especially during the Clinton ban years wanting a 10 round slim Glock 19.

I've been shooting now for 20 years, and remember people bugging for a Glock made carbine of some sort back then. Maybe in ten more years, if guns haven't been completely banned, the Rona 5.0 hasn't killed us all, or we're not balls deep in a civil/world war, Glock will make some abomination with two features people want, and a bunch of weird shit no one asked for. Probably something like a Garand-length fixed stock, 16 inch barrel, picatinny rails in weird spots, and as much as people beg for 10mm or .45, it'll come in 9, .380, and .22LR only :laughing:

I think something akin to what happened with Sturm, Ruger & Co will need to happen - meaning Gaston and his kids will need to lose their iron grip over the company and product design.

They basically re-released the 2nd gen guns as 5th gen, with the addition of ambi-slide stop lever and reversible mag catch. And the price got jacked up. And they're selling every damn gun they can make.

zaitcev

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2019
    Austin, Texas, U.S.A.
    It's going to be awesome if Kimber release it and it's in .380. Basically LCP MAX only with 12 rounds and a prettier external design. Also, I can see a Glock disassembly latch in teaser picture, so there's that at least.

If it's in 9mm, I'm going to hold out for the HK micro-compact that they teased with the patent.

bbqbubba

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2016
    Houston
    Went into a local LGS one time and was talking to the owner. He told me about some Kimbers 1911's he just got received that had rust inside of them. He called to complain that he couldn't sell these to his customers. Their reply was, "You have a smith working there, just have him clean them up." I vowed right then to never buy, trade for or own a Kimber.
    Met a fellow at the range one day shooting with a Kimber. Loaned him my RIA, STI and Dan Wesson to shoot and compare. His first time he had better groups with all three than his Kimber. I respectfully declined to shoot his Kimber and told him my story. Eventually in a few months or so, sold his Kimber and bought an STI. Got a new range buddy after that. :)

Reactions: MTA

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Not long ago I purchased a Kimber Camp Guard 10mm 1911.
    It would Not run for beans using Kimber factory mags. It ran perfectly with Colt mags.
    The Kimber mags feed lips were formed Incorrectly to allow feeding.
    Simple fix but aggravating and unnecessary.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos

9. In 20 years, it will show up on Forgotten Weapons.

justashooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Wondering where all the negative feelings to Kimber come from? I have two Kimbers that IMHO are attractive guns, and have always performed well. Is the negativity based in fact, or if we substituted Kimber for any other manufacturers name would we see similar comments?

Top Bottom