• ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    This.

What if Harris polls worse than Biden? They gonna force her out to?
    Absolutely. They already don't like her, I suspect over half the consternation of the left's string pullers was 1) How to sell Cackles to voters 2) How to get around her when she falls on her face (knees?)

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    No, no, no. People need to read up on this. The funds can be transferred to a super PAC. The super PAC cannot "coordinate with the campaign", but can spend its funds "independently." And who in the gov will investigate if the super PAC happens to have lunch with the campaign staff?

I did do some reading. Did you?

"Biden could also donate his portion of the Democratic campaign money to a super PAC, though such a group could only transfer a few thousand of that to a new nominee in a single election cycle. That money would almost certainly pack less of a punch, too, seeing as super PACs do not enjoy the same discounted rates for advertising as the actual candidates."

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I still think RFK jr is likely to be the beat chance the left has and he just said he would consider accepting a Dim-o-rat nomination...

Cackles is desperately unpopular and I think the presumption of her as the nominee will spark a huge amount of infighting and backstabbing within the party.

I agree about RFK, but that would still leave the question of what to do with Kamala. Would she play second fiddle again to yet another white guy? Optics for their base would be terrible.

Old Joe really screwed the party when he chose the VP based only on demographics. Nobody took into account the “what if”

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    But Harris was a victim of bussing! She was bussed! Bussing is racist. Unless through bussing yesterday, the vision of tomorrow becomes the reality of today for millions of children of color, who would not have a tomorrow as promising as today if they were bussed yesterday in today’s society.

@billtool wins the internet for Sunday, July 21! :laughing:

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    I had a strong feeling that they would try to pull a switcharoo last minute to put someone in with minimal time for the Republicans to scrutinize them. I thought they’d wait longer, but I guess he couldn’t hold out anymore. I also thought they’d be a little smarter than to put up one of the least popular VP’s in history, but I guess not.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I agree about RFK, but that would still leave the question of what to do with Kamala. Would she play second fiddle again to yet another white guy? Optics for their base would be terrible.

Old Joe really screwed the party when he chose the VP based only on demographics. Nobody took into account the “what if”
    One dim was saying "America is too racist to elect a black woman"... they are looking for ways to dump her using their traditional go-tos

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    While I believe RFK would be a good choice, the DNC has already made their opinion of him quite clear. He may get a lot of votes, but if none get enough delegates then the super delegates vote, and I don't see them going with RFK.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    You bet I did. And I have seen what I wrote above in at least a half dozen places. It has been included by others in some of these related threads.

Here is one for you, from the WSJ:

If Biden is replaced as the nominee by someone other than Harris, campaign-finance lawyers said, he could direct his campaign to transfer money to the Democratic National Committee.

What about pro-Biden super PACs?​

Super PACs can accept unlimited amounts of money from donors, who can give millions at a time, unlike for a campaign, which faces individual-donor limits. Election law prohibits direct coordination between super PACs and campaigns, and super PACs wouldn’t be directly affected if Biden ended his campaign. There are several super PACs that were supporting Biden’s re-election bid—pre-eminently a group named Future Forward, as well as others such as Unite the Country.

Fox:

Could the funds be transferred to the Democratic Party?​

Yes, under FEC regulation 11 CFR 113.2, there is no limit on the transfer of funds from a candidate committee to party committees.

Could the funds be used to finance a superPAC (a super political action committee)?​

Yes, those funds that are transferred to the new superPAC could only be used to engage in independent expenditures without any coordination with the new nominee. As the FEC explains, superPACs cannot use their "funds to make contributions, whether direct, in-kind or via coordinated communications, to federal candidates or committees." While the DNC is permitted to make some expenditures coordinated with the new candidate, a SuperPAC can make no coordinated expenditures.

Coordinated or not, the PAC's can spend their millions to support a candidate. And as I have said previously (perhaps in another thread), who thinks the gov is going to investigate "coordination" between the campaign and the PAC?

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    A Harris/Newsom ticket, while I guess technically possible under the 12th amendment, would mean that all 55 Electoral College votes from California could not be cast for the democrat party. And that's more votes than any other state. Would kinda make the notion of swing states meaningless.
    If one of them was to get a drivers license and take residence in another state, it would work.

glenbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    1721607998563.png
    Remember her?

stuhoevel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    San Antonio
    Not sure which thread thus belongs under. But here is my prediction.

Kamala Harris is nominated for democrat candidate. She loses to Trump. Biden resigns the Presidency a week after the election. Harris is sworn in as the first female president holding office for two months.

That would need a freaking asterisk beside it

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    If they run cackles the hoe, Trump better hire some really good bodygaurds. Just about the inky hope she has is if he dies before the election.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom