• Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    I get that a lot of you didn't want him to drop out. But the risk of four more years of that senile fool is too much to bear.

Now we get to see if the logic holds that, if he isn't fit to run, then he certainly isn't fit to serve as president for the remainder of his term. I think the demoncrats will try with great vigor to keep him in the catbird seat until January, though, because they'll want the final nominee to be free to campaign 98% of their time. Specifically if it's going to be Kackles Harris, she can't afford to expose herself actually trying to be president before the election--because she'll do a crap job--and she needs every hour of campaign time available between now and November. Heck, early voting starts in, what, 60 days?

Whole lotta news hitting the fan the past two weeks. A whole lot. Wait... Could we make that into a Led Zeppelin song? :D

Oh, and if it's Harris, I sincerely hope we see another Trump debate. Harris is capable of nothing but circular-thinking word salad and she'll never be able to offer a cogent, unrehearsed answer within the time limits.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Hate to see that, but not unexpected. Trump would have cleaned house against Biden.

Kamala is not a sure thing. Could be a lot of blood (metaphorically speaking, unless Hillary gets active) on the floor by the time the DNC is over.

HIllary will make a run at it, behind the scenes at a minimum. Newsom will surely try for it. Will Kennedy come back into the fold? May have burned his bridges.

I would hope that blacks would not vote as a bloc for Kamala as they did for Obama. But you never know.

kbaxter60

Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I'm watching dem acquaintances on social media posting meme after meme and rationalization after rationalization trying to convince themselves they're not screwed with Harris as their candidate. It's...pretty fucking funny.
    Yet you haven't shared???

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Of course they are all going to endorse Harris...................

The Convention will be a different story................

Bait and switch is coming..............

Barack Obama doesn’t endorse Kamala Harris, says Dems will pick ‘outstanding nominee’ https://trib.al/M4pz84L

festering

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    sw houston
    1721593453479.png

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    This is wild.

Is there any chance they believe Kamala has a better chance than Biden? No poll has shown anything except that she is a pure loser.

Hitlery already lost, everybody hates her, they can't believe she's suddenly going to win.

Newsom can't be the candidate, it takes away all their "the Republicans are white men" ammo, and everybody hates him as a greasy, slimy, slick political douchebag from California, the swing states will never touch him.

There's freaking nobody available, Biden was their best shot. The dems better have a great backdoor into the polling machine software, otherwise they're going to lose

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    Prediction: If Harris is not to be the nominee, then she will still be vice president on the new ticket. Two reasons. First, there is little time to raise to funds, and the only way that the Biden/Harris campaign funds can be tapped now is if Harris is on the ticket. The demoncrats will not want to lose that money.

Second, there are 3,933 pledged demoncrat delegates for 2024 (this doesn't count the 739 automatic, or "super" delegates) and to win the nomination requires support from a majority of the pledged delegates on the first ballot: that's an estimated 1,968 pledged delegates.

California will be sending a whopping 496 delegates and 35 alternates to the convention. Their 496 votes account for over one-fourth of the total needed for a nomination win. Removing Harris may PO Californians and put their 496 votes in unpredictable jeopardy. A Harris/Newsom ticket, while I guess technically possible under the 12th amendment, would mean that all 55 Electoral College votes from California could not be cast for the democrat party. And that's more votes than any other state. Would kinda make the notion of swing states meaningless.

So if the real "hidden" powers behind the d'crats don't want Kackles Harris on the November ballot as president, they'll have to convince her to remain VP and find someone they can pair with her to be president. I think that could make a two-woman ticket difficult. No reason for there not to be one, in the future, but it might be a tough sell to the more moderate middle to have, say Clinton/Harris or Whitmer/Harris. I honestly don't think that M. Obama wants any part of the Oval Office.

Any way I turn it, it looks like the party that's managed to f*** up our lives for the last 3.5 years is in a bit of a pickle.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom