Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    Doesn't the 12th amendment stop that re can't be from the same state as prez?
    Good chance I'm misinformed. :)

Yeppers. At least that seems to be the case to my not-a-Constitutional-attorney eye. Which would be just fine to me. If it's Kackles Harris that will be nominee, I'd just as soon Newsome not be on the ticket.

Edited: Ya know, being that I am not nearly a Constitutional lawyer, I had to go read the actual text of the amendment: https://constitution.congress.gov/constitution/amendment-12/. It opens with:

"The Electors shall meet in their respective states and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves..."

I think that's saying that the Elector can cast a vote for a ticket only where at least one of them, the POTUS or the VP, is from a different state than the Elector. That theoretically both candidates can be from the same state, but if so that state's Electors get handcuffed. Ergo, a Newsom/Harris ticket could be possible, but then the dimos would have to throw out any notion of electoral votes from the state with the largest number of all 50 plus D.C. A huge shoot-yourself-in-the-foot moment.

Last edited:

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    Nah, Trumps Polling is toooo good right now at least. Outside of stuffing ballots and a straight up cheat imo we're good.

Yeah. Kackles doesn't have Alzheimer's, but she has her own, er, mental and emotional oddities. A big reason why she has consistently polled even lower than Biden.

Top Bottom