• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    We should be grateful we have gotten off easy this year. Not nearly as many days over 100 for most of the state. Here we had over an inch of rain a couple of weeks ago and that week the temps never got over 90. To be in the third week of August and just now hitting much over 100 is pretty good.

That said, it is danged hot outside in the afternoon/evenings now. Work outside until lunchtime. Not so much after.

Supposedly may get a little break this weekend.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Maybe I’m nuts, but this heat doesn’t bother me. We lived in AZ for 22 years and as long as the humidity isn’t 80% and in the shade it’s tolerable.
    Sadly, most of the time I am not in the shade and the humidity is high.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I have been in TX and AR now for over years. Yes the summers have ben hot but they do not compare to those in the Imperial Valley of CA wherein I spent 4 years as a Border Patrol agent.I also spent at least 4, maybe 5 summers in Las Vegas where it also gets hotter. Add that to 5 3 month or longer details to AZ and one to Laredo, Tx. So it is hot, why would that make anyone who left shitgolesvlike NY want to go back to those commies dystopias.you Texans sure are prejudiced based upon where someone came from. It is shameful. Happy I moved from TX to AR, I don't get crap like that here.
    I have been in the Mojave when the temps were off the charts, but no humidity. Never had a problem.. That did not seem anywhere near as bad as 100 degrees in the Central Texas humidity.

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    I have been in TX and AR now for over years. Yes the summers have ben hot but they do not compare to those in the Imperial Valley of CA wherein I spent 4 years as a Border Patrol agent.I also spent at least 4, maybe 5 summers in Las Vegas where it also gets hotter. Add that to 5 3 month or longer details to AZ and one to Laredo, Tx. So it is hot, why would that make anyone who left shitgolesvlike NY want to go back to those commies dystopias.you Texans sure are prejudiced based upon where someone came from. It is shameful. Happy I moved from TX to AR, I don't get crap like that here.
    Sometimes it's not where you're from; it's who you are.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Yall don't know what hot is until you're standing behind a C130 in full battle rattle on the tarmac in camp Adder Iraq in July doing a head count for the 9th time. They had a thermometer out there and it was pegged at 140. It was also partially melted, so probably not functional, but it was hot enough that if stood in the same spot too long your boots would fuse to the asphalt.

Last edited:

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Over here in the Big Thicket it was hot and the humidity was awful last week. I think it was the worst week of the summer....so far.
    I can take a certain amount of heat but humidity over 60 gets me in a foul mood because I can't breathe. Like most folks I like breathing and any hindrance to that function is terrible for me. I could never live down in the Big Thicket with some of you all or Houston proper.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    fuse to the asphalt. If you run fast enough (bare-foot) the asphalt streets weren't too bad. We could make it down to the pool 2 blocks away. Grass was just as hot but not sticky.

Top Bottom