• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tangoparson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2017
    Wondering why my AC has been struggling to keep up. Guess I forgot to check the R value of those new shingles we put on a couple years ago……
    88ff77bf896fa92568531b00b6c8a361.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Obviously Texans aren't immune to becoming pussified...

Psychological projection is a defense mechanism where someone unconsciously or consciously attributes their own thoughts, feelings, or traits to another person or group. It can be a way to avoid seeing one's own faults, or to manage uncomfortable emotions, thoughts, or impulses.

Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    There's a place called Blyth at the edge of california and Az I've been there to shoot doves it's a dove mecca most years unless there's a storm.
    Other than Death Valley it's FKN insane I've been there at an honest 119°
    Don't much remember the temps while I was at Irwin (worked in the hospital lab) bt it was pretty dang hot there.

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    Yeah living is for pussies. We go out in full winter gear in 111° weather and die like men!

I'm such a bad mofo i don't even drink water, i just drink everclear to further my manly dehydration.

And that's going out with no breakfast or lunch, in the middle of the afternoon, no clouds in the sky, traveling only across melting black-top while wearing boots that are 3 pounds each and with a 30-pound ruck slung on your back (need extra boots and extra bottles of Everclear), jogging 15 miles out and 15 back with a 15% uphill grade both ways.

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    FWIW, the ABC-13 weather guy in Houston just said that today was probably our last triple-digit day of the year! Yeah...99 vs. 100 is splitting hairs, but I'll take it.

On the downside, he also said that the Gulf waters near the coast are the hottest they've been since 1980. Don't remember what the temp was, but it was in the low 90s. That's a crapton of fuel for a hurricane. And we're now in that 30-day window annually of what is historically the highest level of hurricane activity.

Let's hope nothing new comes toward the Texas coast anytime soon.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    There's a place called Blythe at the edge of california and Az I've been there to shoot doves it's a dove mecca most years unless there's a storm.
    Other than Death Valley it's FKN insane I've been there at an honest 119°
    I drove thru there and Gila Bend a few summers on way to and from Texas while on leave in 1969. My '68 Camaro overheated once and pulled over in middle of nowhere. I turned engine off and could actually hear the engine gurgling. I made the big mistake of removing the radiator cap and I think it's still in orbit to this day. I was carrying one of those big burlap bags of water on front of car but over a headlight, thinking it was to keep it cool to pour in radiator if overheated. Clueless in those days about cars. It was meant to place in front of radiator which made sense after highway patrol stopped and told me. He had 5 gallons of water for me and told me of a closed gas station close by I could get water. I think that hose ran forever then filled the burlap bag and hung it properly. A wonder I didn't ruin my engine in middle of nowhere.

Top Bottom