• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigHoss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2011
    East Texas (Brownsboro)
    I just posted...that I was a bit nervous...like 5 minutes ago!

I then told myself, "Screw it!"...and I placed a call to my IOI (lady that did my ATF-FFL Interview). She reminded me that she had approved her portion, submitted it to her supervisor for approval/denial...she stated that it was approved by her office that same day and then sent off to the ATF Licensing Center. She suggested that I call them...I did. I then got even more nervous as the call was a lengthy (at least in my head) process...I'm just used to being told "No"...though I rarely accept that answer (just ask my wife!). I finally reached a human being, gave her my info...I'm "nowhere to be found". What the H-E-hockey stick-hockey stick?!?! I have her dig some more (keeping in the back of my mind, as I have heard before that they field hundreds of calls a day that are either bogus or stupid people (is there a difference?)...who will...NOT be licensed...so, a little faith in my pea brain)...she then finds me...YEA! She states, "Sir, your application has been withdrawn." Again, what the H-E-hockey stick-hockey stick?!?! I then remember that I had "ignorantly" applied for three separate licenses and that my 01 & 06 would be withdrawn for a refund...so, lady (again, not really her fault as so many stupid people call her!)...look for an 07! She did...took FOREVER..."Oh, here it is Sir", she says..."Good news!"..."Your Type 07 Federal Firearms License was approved at this final stage just yesterday, your FFL has been issued and will be mailed out either today or Monday." Wow! PTL!!! (That's "Praise The Lord" for the currently non-church goers!-LOL!)

So...since I have a big "BUTT", I'm really good at using "BUT"...all the time...so, I close with this: It seems that I may soon be a FFL, BUT not until I have the piece of paper in my hand...or, it hasn't happened!

Keep-a-prayin'!

Thanks for your time in reading this, I could have kept it real short...but I needed the humor, for myself at the very least!

BigHoss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2011
    East Texas (Brownsboro)
    Thanks everyone...

As a "almost ready" party...I think I'll have to smoke me some good cigars this weekend!!! I hear some special ones in the wineador calling my name already...!!!

BigHoss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2011
    East Texas (Brownsboro)
    The mail came, I'm actually...speechless...

2012-09-10_19.02.13_Hagrid_Clean.jpg

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I could go on forever...but I'll say this - our Country is in a hurt, not just politically, but because (I FEEL) that too many kids were/are pushed to go to college, get a degree, you don't need to learn how to change your oil, someone else will do it, you don't need to know how to weld, you don't need to know how to drive a nail with a hammer, China makes an electronic thingy to do that, keep your hands clean - oh that's not good enough...you need to sit in an office, push papers, bow to your boss, kiss some booty, go to school again...and for what...a bunch of LAZY (this includes ME - for sure!), air-conditioning-needing, giving our real "American Pride" jobs to other countries, letting the strong-willing-and from other countries-have our heritage-and our votes, weak-a$$, white collar workers!!! (Now, let me say...I've been one forever, I'm NOT talking about "everyone".) Not sure where I was trying to go with that...maybe this statement will make another thread...some day!
    I hear ya, man... I love working with my hands and have gone back and forth with that several times in my life. I've found that I can make more money (and have more constant paychecks) selling my brain instead of my hands, however. I still do stuff on the side from time to time, but I don't do as much of it as I used to since I hurt my back. I can't lift an engine block or tranny up onto the bench like I used to. That's probably a good example of just because you can, doesn't mean you should

I admire your drive however and would like to do something similar one of these days.

Top Bottom