• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigHoss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2011
    East Texas (Brownsboro)
    I have my ATF IOI interview this Thursday for my Federal Firearms License, Type 01, 06 & 07. I am so looking forward to it!

I have set up my Gunsmith area in my shop, got set up with many tools and I'm so ready to get this thing moving. I will be doing firearm sales, trading, buying, gunsmithing, as well as other firearm/shooting/hunting product sales. For now, this will be part time as I continue to hold my day job.

Is there anyone here that has their FFL that could give me some last minute tips for the IOI interview...I'd greatly appreciate it? Any suggestions would be great!

Also, I would appreciate any prayers or thoughts...from you!

(((There is not much information here on TGT on acquiring a FFL as most information can be found online at the ATF's site...however any tips other FFL holders can share may be useful for others here at TGT.)))

Thanks!

jbcalhoun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.
    I am doing this out of my 30'x40' shop that sits on my property, no zoning restrictions...

Please let us know how it goes and what they might be looking for.

I too have a machine shop I've just set up (20x30), that is attached to my 30x40 shop. I have toyed with the idea of getting my FFL.

Thanks
    Brad

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    It will be easy. The interviews are generally a formality if you have all your ducks in row, which it seems you do.

Are you really applying for 3 separate FFLs?

BigHoss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2011
    East Texas (Brownsboro)
    Please let us know how it goes and what they might be looking for.

I too have a machine shop I've just set up (20x30), that is attached to my 30x40 shop. I have toyed with the idea of getting my FFL.

Thanks
    Brad

Will do...I will be sure to post any positive or negative results...

Sounds like a very nice set up you have!

Sounds awesome. You sound like you have done your homework, so I'm sure it will go fine. Enjoy your new business!

I have done my homework...yes! But, with the ATF and with any business start up and/or licensing interview...you always want to make sure that you have as much informations, tips, suggestions...to build from and to help get the results that you are seeking.

Thanks!

It will be easy. The interviews are generally a formality if you have all your ducks in row, which it seems you do.

Are you really applying for 3 separate FFLs?

The lady (IOI) that will be doing my interview tomorrow seems very nice on the phone. I am looking forward to it, learning a lot...with open ears and mind. There is so much to know and a bit to "do"...so I do hope that I have most of my ducks lined up!

I have applied for, technically, one FFL (same location) but am intending to hold three "types", classes...if you will of said FFL. Basically, all three "types" will fall under one license number...I believe...

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I have applied for, technically, one FFL (same location) but am intending to hold three "types", classes...if you will of said FFL. Basically, all three "types" will fall under one license number...I believe...

No that is three separate licenses, each with different numbers.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    I have my ATF IOI interview this Thursday for my Federal Firearms License, Type 01, 06 & 07. I am so looking forward to it!

I have set up my Gunsmith area in my shop, got set up with many tools and I'm so ready to get this thing moving. I will be doing firearm sales, trading, buying, gunsmithing, as well as other firearm/shooting/hunting product sales. For now, this will be part time as I continue to hold my day job.

Is there anyone here that has their FFL that could give me some last minute tips for the IOI interview...I'd greatly appreciate it? Any suggestions would be great!

Also, I would appreciate any prayers or thoughts...from you!

(((There is not much information here on TGT on acquiring a FFL as most information can be found online at the ATF's site...however any tips other FFL holders can share may be useful for others here at TGT.)))

Thanks!

As was said, it is really a formallity. Mostly the IOI will have a list printed out and will just be making sure you know the basic regulations on what you can and can't do. You will have to sign off on everything.

They will be giving you (usually) a packet of books, forms, posters, etc.

My IOI never even looked at my "place of business".

Pretty easy, so nothing to get worked up about. The way I understand it, is that once they set up an interview, its a done deal.

My interview was about 3 hours.

Good luck (but none is needed)

jbcalhoun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.
    BigHoss, I can't stand the suspense. Inquiring minds want to know how the interview went. LOL

Thanks for sharing in advance.
    Brad

BigHoss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2011
    East Texas (Brownsboro)
    LOL! Brad!

Hey fellers...the interview went very well. However, it is still too early to know anything. My IOI had to write up her report, she'll submit that to her superior who then reviews it and makes the decision...from what I gather.

She left all of the ATF materials with me when she left (bound versions of all of the information that you can find on their website) and many forms, things she had printed out for my use and for reading...etc.

As I learned earlier in this thread (thank you Renegade!), I was applying for three separate licenses. I learned from my IOI that the 01 (sales) is not needed when/if approved for the 07 (manufacturing of firearms) as this also allows all of the functions of the 01, plus manufacturing of firearms and new ammo. The 06 is still needed for reloading...which is manufacturing...but in a different form.

I know what my two license numbers are...but again, nothing is official, so I am not counting any chickens just yet. There is still some further "processing" for the ATF to do. Until I have the actual license(s) in my hand...I am still not a FFL.

Overall, I am very happy with the process. It can be tough for some, that I respect as not everyone who thinks they should have one...should...if you follow.

As things progress...and if/when I hear ANYTHING...I will be sure to post!

Thanks again!!!

Top Bottom