Join TexasGunTalk

Inherited 50 guns

Discussion in 'Rifles' started by AmandaDeeann, Dec 9, 2019.

1. skfullen

skfullen In the woods... TGT Supporter

Great advice and just what I was thinking. And be extremely careful about sharing the location of the firearms.
    Welcome to the forum and condolences on the loss of your loved one.

AmandaDeeann, Darkpriest667 and EZ-E like this.
  2. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    I think we are in violent agreement, just using different terminology. And I was using the term "wholesale" loosely.

Bottom line, gunstores will pay a lot less than the price level at which they expect to sell.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    AmandaDeeann likes this.
  3. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Personally, I have never seen a complete exclusion for firearms in a homeowner's policy. I have seen dollar limits, however. The limit, where it exists, can be anywhere from $5k to $10k. So the advice on looking into the insurance situation is sound.

toddnjoyce and AmandaDeeann like this.
  4. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Of course, add a rider to the existing policy.

Our original policy didn't cover guns.

AmandaDeeann and Dad_Roman like this.
  5. craigntx

craigntx Daca is caca

Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    A shop will only take you for a ride without the courtesy of a reacharound

Spcwolf and AmandaDeeann like this.
  6. EZ-E

EZ-E Freedom vs Tyranny 2020 TGT Supporter

May 4, 2017
    Cypress
    All great advise nothing i can really add other than most of us are always looking to buy. A collection like that i would consider your loved one would like to see a few of those passed down to other family members or close friends of your loved one.

I would take Southpaw up on his offer, if he is offering. Im sure depending on what you have you could get rid of 75%-80% on here through the guns for sale section. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your collection. Condolences to you & your family.

7. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    May be cheaper/better to just get a firearms policy from Collectibles Insurance.

ed308, toddnjoyce and AmandaDeeann like this.
  8. AmandaDeeann

AmandaDeeann Member

Dec 9, 2019
    San Antonio TX
    Thank you

9. AmandaDeeann

AmandaDeeann Member

Dec 9, 2019
    San Antonio TX
    And thank you so much I almost made a mistake I see.

10. Darkpriest667

Darkpriest667 Actually Attends

You're wrong. She took home a boatload of cash and we took home a lot of guns and ammo. ;-)

Seriously you've come to the right place. If you had sold to a pawn shop or a gun store you would have gotten screwed and not in the good way. Everyone here is fair and if they aren't people would call them on it. If you don't mind waiting until April you can sell most of what you have in one stop. If you don't want to wait that long you can post pictures and descriptions here and we can mostly give you a good idea of what they are worth. Most people here are always looking to buy even if they claim they aren't myself included.