Capitol Armory ad

IF the current bill becomes law, how will it change what you are doing now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    If you grew up in Texas you were likely warned about Yankees with uhauls

It should strike fear in your heart

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    If you grew up in Texas you were likely warned about Yankees with uhauls

It should strike fear in your heart

Ain't that the truth. We've been dealing with....."that isn't how we did it back in ________(fill in the blank) for decades.

Not to mention all the back handed insults that spout from these know it all yankees.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The ones coming in on I-10, I-20, and I-30 are the ones that worry me the most.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    The ones coming in on I-10, I-20, and I-30 are the ones that worry me the most.

It seems like these days they're blowing in from everywhere. The newest ones across the street from us just blew in from Detroit. Their kids play on one of these all day long........

padmount-transformer.jpg

I've told them it's probably not the safest choice of kid play, but they don't want to listen. They poke at it, kick at it, jump up and down on it. The parents think it's cute. Detroit, no wonder it's a lost cause.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Wellll, if that casing ever came hot, it wouldn't be that way long.

That's a thick freakin pad!

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    Open carry is a fool's errand. When I walk into anyplace, I want to know I am the baddest most dangerous mofo in the place...and I do not want anyone else to know.

If a bad guy comes in to do harm, I do not want him or her to single me out because they can clearly see that I am armed...I want that to be a surprise.

But, if you want to play John Wayne and strap a Colt Peacemaker low on your hip or Mall Ninja with a tactical holster with your Glock on your thigh, then go for it...while the bad guy is engaging you and possibly taking you out as a clear threat, I will be the surprise he or she did not expect...I win, both you and the bad guy lose...

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Lol. You got a lot of preconceived and completely false notions.

But that won't stop you.

Green Eye Tactical

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2013
    Dallas, Tx
    Open carry is a fool's errand. When I walk into anyplace, I want to know I am the baddest most dangerous mofo in the place...and I do not want anyone else to know.

If a bad guy comes in to do harm, I do not want him or her to single me out because they can clearly see that I am armed...I want that to be a surprise.

But, if you want to play John Wayne and strap a Colt Peacemaker low on your hip or Mall Ninja with a tactical holster with your Glock on your thigh, then go for it...while the bad guy is engaging you and possibly taking you out as a clear threat, I will be the surprise he or she did not expect...I win, both you and the bad guy lose...

This would be a valid point, if it wasn't baseless. Plenty of other states with open carry. This doesn't happen. In actual practice it works like a visual deterrent. Also, packing a gun doesn't make you the baddest mofo any more than a Ferrari makes a driver Mario Andretti.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    If both OC and CC become law, my MO will not change at all.

I don't give a whit what everybody else's choice is either.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If both OC and CC become law, my MO will not change at all.

I don't give a whit what everybody else's choice is either.

I completely respect that and will make no attempt to change your mind.

See, now is that so hard?

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    It's not a matter of common sense. It's a matter of basic rights. Will I ever open carry? No. Do I want the right to? Yes.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mike1234567,

EXACTLY.

I seriously doubt that I will OC but I want ALL the so-called "gun control laws" ABOLISHED at every level of government & any officeholder who introduces another such law RIDICULED, HUMILIATED & DEFEATED as "an enemy of The Constitution".

yours, satx

Last edited:
    Top Bottom