• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    All ya'll seem to be taking this secession thing much too seriously. Whatever happens is, if anything, in the distant future.

I liken it to the move to put parts of Oregon, Washington State, and part of N Calif into The Greater Idaho. I'm subscribed to it on Facebook. Been a thing for 20yrs now, but recently we won ballot measures in several counties, including mine, that the county govt is to consider it on a yearly basis. It's fun, but wishful thinking cuz for many reasons "it ain't never going to happen"!!

Just a measure of current frustration... if it gets bad enough, maybe the people rise??? Who knows...
    Capitol Armory ad

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    bbbass,

DON'T BE TOO SURE what would happen IF "Bobbi, the CROSSDRESSER" aka : "Beto" O'Rourke sent people to DISARM Texans (OR any Southerners) of our so-called "assault weapons". = I strongly expect that his "anti-gun crusade" would NOT "go well" for the GUN-GRABBERS.

yours, satx

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    All ya'll seem to be taking this secession thing much too seriously. Whatever happens is, if anything, in the distant future.

I liken it to the move to put parts of Oregon, Washington State, and part of N Calif into The Greater Idaho. I'm subscribed to it on Facebook. Been a thing for 20yrs now, but recently we won ballot measures in several counties, including mine, that the county govt is to consider it on a yearly basis. It's fun, but wishful thinking cuz for many reasons "it ain't never going to happen"!!

Just a measure of current frustration... if it gets bad enough, maybe the people rise??? Who knows...

I suspect some people have their rubber bands wound too tight, that they can't distinguish between reality and fantasy.

Like yourself, I have heard talk of succession for years, at least over twenty years, and it always follows a political crisis. Some talk of it when Obama won the first time, and more when he won his second term!

Doesn't matter to me. If grown men want to sit around and daydream, about something that is very unlikely to happen, and want to place their hopes on a pipe dream, ain't none of my business if people want to be foolish.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Well, I'm a registered Oathkeeper. I find it interesting that we have now been lumped in with "White Supremacist Militia".... OK, whatever.

I'm not able to come to you to help fight, and I more than have a fight on my hands here in the PNW. We need to kick Antifa's azz like they did in Couer d'Alene. Washington State and Oregon have joined up with Calif anti-gunners. Idaho is turning purple, at least in the Boise area. My daughter works for the Idaho Parole Board and they are letting hardened criminals go despite her negative recommendations. It's not looking good as more Calis move to Boise, and Sandpoint in N Idaho, which used to be skinhead/militia/Weaver land. Not anymore.

Oregon was barely able to stave off drastic gun control measures this year and last year by our legislative Republicans walking out. Look for that slate of anti-gun laws to come up again in 2021. Maybe even worse. Carbon tax, mileage tax, breathing tax, etc. It is sad to see windmills blighting the scenery we have protected for so long! Removing the Columbia River dams is a distinct possibility that will result in flooding downstream and rob Calif of the clean hydro power we have been selling them.

Oathkeepers will stand. Count on it!!!
    As a native Oregonian I appreciate you.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Wouldn't want to go where I'm not wanted. I've been THERE before.

If I'm going somewhere I'm willing to fight and kill people over I'd at least like to think they want me.

If you want to move to Texas, then move to Texas. It's a free country, and a free state. You might even make a friend or two.

The second sentence, I'd be a bit careful about declaring such things in open.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    But we do have the right to split up the state IIRC.

Might be needed to combat new senators from PR.

Yeah but the downside - Dallas, Houston, SA, and Austin would likely be key cities in however the state got split - if you do halfsies then you wind up giving an electoral advantage to the dems who pick up 2 more seats. If you could somehow carve the state so that basically only those 4 cities left to form the new state - you're still adding 2 democrat senators and a bunch of lefty representatives. If you carve only the red parts off and make say, 2 new smaller conservative states you pick up 2 more red seats but you're still likely putting 2 dems into office.

Best thing would be keeping Texas whole, because there's enough people still to offset the lefty votes and keep Texas red.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

Some 25 years ago there was some HALF-serious talk about splitting TX up into FIVE STATES, to get a net increase of 8 US Senators, who would vote PRO-American: NORTH (Capitol in Bonham), SOUTH, (Capitol in Rockport), CENTRAL (Capitol in West), EAST (Capitol in Lufkin) & WEST (Capitol in Ranger).

Ownership of Gonzales, Goliad, San Jacinto & The Alamo was to be shared by ALL of the 5 States.
    (All of the talk, of course, came to ZILCH.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    bbbass,

DON'T BE TOO SURE what would happen IF "Bobbi, the CROSSDRESSER" aka : "Beto" O'Rourke sent people to DISARM Texans (OR any Southerners) of our so-called "assault weapons". = I strongly expect that his "anti-gun crusade" would NOT "go well" for the GUN-GRABBERS.

yours, satx

satx...

Not saying i'm sure of anything:

I liken it to
    the move to put parts of Oregon, Washington State, and part of N Calif into The Greater Idaho. I'm subscribed to it on Facebook. Been a thing for 20yrs now, but recently we won ballot measures in several counties, including mine, that the county govt is to consider it on a yearly basis. It's fun, but wishful thinking cuz for many reasons "it ain't never going to happen"!!

All of my above comments were intended to say that it will never happen here (in the PNW)... not sure what will happen there... I don't live there. Also funnin all ya'll just a bit. Thinking about it is fun for me anyway, but I won't take it seriously. For now. YMMV

Again, "who knows"?

Makum clearer, or no???

Top Bottom