• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    If constitutional carry does pass in Texas, the Texas License to Carry a Handgun Program will still exist. Here are four reasons why you MAY want to get an LTC or keep yours current.

Texas Law: It's your responsibility to know and understand weapons laws and use of force laws. Whether you intend to get an LTC or not, the LTC class covers laws that are mandatory for anyone that owns and or carries a gun.

Bypass Background Checks: If you have a Texas LTC, purchasing a gun is much quicker and easier through a FFL. There is no wait for a background check to be performed because your background check was completed when you obtained your Texas LTC. A Texas LTC IS AN ALTERNATE NICS PERMIT.

Interstate Travel: There are 36 states that recognize the Texas LTC. This means if you’re into traveling, when you go into one of these other states that shares reciprocity with Texas, you can continue to carry your gun. Remember, while in another state that honors a Texas LTC you must follow their laws!

Interactions with Law Enforcement: When a Texas Peace Officer runs a check of your drivers license or identification card part of the information returned is whether or not you have a Texas LTC. This makes it easy for a police officer to determine that you are legally carrying the gun. Without an LTC and depending on why law enforcement has made contact with you, you may be detained while they conduct a criminal history search (according to a preliminary version of the bill that passed the senate). This search may be conducted to verify you're in lawful possession.

This is just food for thought. I will be maintaining my LTC, Instructor Certificate, and Instructor Insurance. Because I still teach beginner, intermediate, and advanced courses for another organization I’m really not too concerned about losing LTC money, especially after this past year with covid restrictions etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YES !

leVieux
    Texas SOT

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    How many times are we complaining about how much the government is intruding into our lives, and how much over-reach they have in how we can, or cannot conduct our daily lives, but, here we are, wanting them to further intrude in making laws telling a business owner how they can conduct their business in regards to whether that can or can't allow a person to enter their premise's armed, or if they choose to prohibit such persons from entering, they can either spend the funds to insure the safety of those that enter, or that can be held legally obligated in the event of something happening.

IMO, that seems rather conflicting, and contradictive.
    Red herring here.

Just wanting my constitutional rights upheld.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Serious question, why didnt hot wheels sign it this week?

Was there a reason given?
    I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Salute to the Rockport PD

Frank59,

I wonder how many of the "pants down to their knees crowd" KNOW that that so-called "style" was started by the most effeminate of the homosexuals in NYC & San Francisco. as a way to attract other male "gays"??

yours, satx

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Serious question, why didnt hot wheels sign it this week?

Was there a reason given?

I haven’t heard anything official, but it kinda sounds like they are trying to find a time when all the bills authors and sponsors and co-sponsors can get together, and stand in front of cameras for a bill signing ceremony, and pat themselves on the backs for being “pro 2A”. If that is what they’re doing, it will be funny seeing how bad the left gets triggered by it!

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Once more, many States have NEVER had any prohibition of open carry of handguns in public.

The practice is seen as normal and usual; doesn't cause any panic, rarely even any notice.

The heart and crux of this all is the mistaken notion that removal of handguns from non-criminal citizens could improve anyone's "safety".

We all know, from History, and long experiences, that the notion is not only untrue and inaccurate, but is perverse.

leVieux

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

I don't know about the rest of our membership around THE ALAMO CITY but on the FIRST day that CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY is LAWFUL, you will find me & my adopted daughter CARRYING OPENLY at THE SHRINE.
    (I will be carrying my Model of 1917 S&W revolver in my "enlarged" WWII pilots CHEST RIG, that was made for me decades ago by El Paso Saddlery.)
    As usual, Noemi will arrive at The Shrine with an armload of roses to lay inside the Chapel, in memory of our Texas martyrs.

NOTE: Other than when hunting/fishing/riding a horse, I have NOT carried openly since the FIRST DAY that licensed carry was lawful.

yours, satx

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Once more, many States have NEVER had any prohibition of open carry of handguns in public.

The practice is seen as normal and usual; doesn't cause any panic, rarely even any notice.

The heart and crux of this all is the mistaken notion that removal of handguns from non-criminal citizens could improve anyone's "safety".

We all know, from History, and long experiences, that the notion is not only untrue and inaccurate, but is perverse.

leVieux
    I remember open carry in California.
    "The heart and crux of this all is the mistaken notion that removal of handguns from non-criminal citizens could improve anyone's "safety"."
    I think they know it is not about safety. That is just an excuse to take guns away.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    To All,

I don't know about the rest of our membership around THE ALAMO CITY but on the FIRST day that CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY is LAWFUL, you will find me & my adopted daughter CARRYING OPENLY at THE SHRINE.
    (I will be carrying my Model of 1917 S&W revolver in my "enlarged" WWII pilots CHEST RIG, that was made for me decades ago by El Paso Saddlery.)
    As usual, Noemi will arrive at The Shrine with an armload of roses to lay inside the Chapel, in memory of our Texas martyrs.

NOTE: Other than when hunting/fishing/riding a horse, I have NOT carried openly since the FIRST DAY that licensed carry was lawful.

yours, satx
    You think you will be asked for ID by San Antonio cops? I hope not.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    You think you will be asked for ID by San Antonio cops? I hope not.

rotor; All,

It is quite possible that both Noemi & I will be "stopped & questioned" by SAPD, which is OK with us.
    IF we are "stopped", it will give me a chance to tell the LEOs that, "Today is the first day for CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY in Texas in about 150 years. - We think that this event is worth CELEBRATING at THE CRADLE OF TEXAS LIBERTY."
    (Though I may be 100% wrong in that opinion, as I personally KNOW most of the SAPD officers who routinely work near The Shrine. = Fyi, I'm an Alamo history docent & the sole thing that any of The Alamo Rangers may say is likely, "NICE RIG".)

To ALL of our members: I invite all of you, who are within a reasonable driving distance of The Alamo, to come to THE SHRINE & CARRY OPENLY, even if it is the only day that you carry a handgun openly anywhere.

yours, satx

Reactions: gll

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    rotor; All,

It is quite possible that both Noemi & I will be "stopped & questioned" by SAPD, which is OK with us.
    IF we are "stopped", it will give me a chance to tell the LEOs that, "Today is the first day for CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY in Texas in about 150 years. - We think that this event is worth CELEBRATING at THE CRADLE OF TEXAS LIBERTY."
    (Though I may be 100% wrong in that opinion, as I personally KNOW most of the SAPD officers who routinely work near The Shrine. = Fyi, I'm an Alamo history docent & the sole thing that any of The Alamo Rangers may say is likely, "NICE RIG".)

To ALL of our members: I invite all of you, who are within a reasonable driving distance of The Alamo, to come to THE SHRINE & CARRY OPENLY, even if it is the only day that you carry a handgun openly anywhere.

yours, satx
    Good points. I hope you are not stopped and questioned. Hope thousands follow your advice.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Good points. I hope you are not stopped and questioned. Hope thousands follow your advice.

rotor; All,

THANKS.

BTW, for those who may have wondered, "What is APPROPRIATE at THE SHRINE", reading Scriptures, prayers & floral tributes of any sort are WELCOMED & may be left in memory of our Texas martyrs ANYWHERE on the property.
    (For those persons/groups who wish to have an "organized" ceremony in memory of our Texas martyrs, PLEASE call The Historian's office & the Alamo Ranger's office ahead of time & tell them what you want to do, so that proper arrangements can be made to assure that your ceremony goes off smoothly. = Folding chairs, tables, speaker's podiums, etc. "take time to set up" & might NOT be available, unless the staff knows that your group is coming.)

ADDENDA: Despite what I said just above we professional/volunteer staffers will "go out of our way" to help you celebrate the self-sacrifice of our hero/martyrs. = For example a ladies church group from near Lubbock , TX arrived & learning that "performances" were allowed, asked to sing some of their hymns on the property. = A senior staffer asked what support they needed & was told, "Just a place to sing acappella". = Shortly thereafter the group of 16 singers were directed to the large grassy area behind the chapel. = They sang hymns for about a 1/2-hour, which were enjoyed by the crowd that their EXCELLENT singing drew.

Btw, gentlemen should NOT wear hats/caps INSIDE the chapel & visitors should NOT talk loudly, run or do other disruptive behaviors in the chapel, as it IS a church.
    (We "staffers" have been told that we may NOT order men to remove their headgear and/or tell any visitor what is inappropriate behavior in the chapel but on this forum I can say what I believe.)

just my OPINIONS, satx

Last edited:

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    I guess Texas history is not taught as much now as it was. I remember the first time I walked on to the Alamo grounds, it was awe inspiring to me. You can almost feel the history. Same as when I would go the San Jacinto battleground. Later, when I was married and took my teenage kids, I was so excited to see their reaction. Let’s just say, they were not as impressed as I was at their age.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I remember open carry in California.
    "The heart and crux of this all is the mistaken notion that removal of handguns from non-criminal citizens could improve anyone's "safety"."
    I think they know it is not about safety. That is just an excuse to take guns away.

Correct; they'll say or do anything which advances their quest for power over the rest of us ! But, if they told the TRUTH, they'd never get their way !
    leVieux

Top Bottom