Lynx Defense

How did El Paso Texas get so totally out of control for Covid ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    I say we all meet at Rosa’s.
    artist_471624-1475858713.jpg
    Guns International

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    The New York hospitals and ship were not used because the number of patients never rose to the level that those were needed.

But it seems that El Paso is definitely overpopulated with patients at the current time.
    That is because both of he demorat gov's declined the held as it was from Trump.

sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    as to the original question.......HAVE YOU EVER BEEN THERE?? yes, i have! born and raised there. got out as soon as i could. 50 years later! armpit of texas!

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Most countries are NOT reporting accurate counts of COVID 19. Mexico is one of them. Look at the total death demographics.

1605580220727.png

What we can extrapolate from the data in Texas is that Mexican men are catching the virus and dying from it in pretty hefty numbers. I'm willing to bet in Mexico the numbers are earth shattering and we're not being told the reality of the situation by the ever corrupt Mexican government. The same is going on in India. RIGHT they only have 800k cases in a country that is as filthy as India with 1.5 billion people packed like sardines in ghettos that make US ghettos look like world class resorts.

I talked to a pulmonologist about this and Mexican families are wearing their masks, except when its just the family and of course, if you know like I do because I grew up in the Mexican part of town, everyone is everyone elses' cousin in hispanic culture so good luck stopping the spread before a vaccine.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    Smells like piss too. From inside the car

Then get your face out of your boy friends crotch. Only 48% of hospitalizations are Covid " related". Majority of deaths are of the elderly with unrelated conditions ( El Paso has a huge diabetic population). A lot of this " surge" is politically and monetary related.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Mexico may have a lower infection rate but based on their own numbers they have five times the casualties compared to Texas. And I do not understand why we are allowing anyone infected into the U.S. Who is paying for their treatment?

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Mexico may have a lower infection rate but based on their own numbers they have five times the casualties compared to Texas. And I do not understand why we are allowing anyone infected into the U.S. Who is paying for their treatment?
    Who do you think?

Good ole Uncle Sam. And where does that money come from?

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    I still don't understand why the army doesn't build some temporary hospital space. And they converted the Javits center in a few days in New York City. There must be some similar type of facility available in El Paso.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    I still don't understand why the army doesn't build some temporary hospital space. And they converted the Javits center in a few days in New York City. There must be some similar type of facility available in El Paso.
    Our dunce County Judge dropped the ball over the summer.

We have known about this virus for almost a year now, and they are barely trying (this month) to negotiate with Fort Bliss to mobilize and set up beds and facilities for the infected. They (COEP) didn't plan for the worst-case scenario, and now that it is here they are scrambling to get federal assistance... Bliss is stepping up where it can, but unfortunately requesting such widespread use of Bliss facilities with such short notice, the media is pointing out that the answer a quiet no. IMO, it is understandable that they need time to get everything situated.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    I havent been to Rosa's since they reopened. It's not far from us (NW El Paso).
    It's just ok...
    Not a hangout place for 20-year-olds, which is good.
    The place is showing its age, and it is good for nostalgia.
    There are better watering holes to enjoy a relaxing "Coor-Lye"

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Our dunce County Judge dropped the ball over the summer.

We have known about this virus for almost a year now, and they are barely trying (this month) to negotiate with Fort Bliss to mobilize and set up beds and facilities for the infected. They (COEP) didn't plan for the worst-case scenario, and now that it is here they are scrambling to get federal assistance... Bliss is stepping up where it can, but unfortunately requesting such widespread use of Bliss facilities with such short notice, the media is pointing out that the answer a quiet no. IMO, it is understandable that they need time to get everything situated.
    It sure seems to me like they did it in New York in a matter of a couple of weeks at the most. They don't need facilities at Bliss, build the temporary hospitals like New York ! I don't understand why the Governor is not raising the devil about lack of facilities and getting some federal help !

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    It sure seems to me like they did it in New York in a matter of a couple of weeks at the most. They don't need facilities at Bliss, build the temporary hospitals like New York ! I don't understand why the Governor is not raising the devil about lack of facilities and getting some federal help !

Good point.

The fact is, this isn't New York... We are Texas and thus a world away from the "left" coasts and in the middle of the desert comprised of a majority Hispanic population. I imagine that New York gets the lion's share when it comes to federal funding and mobilization, much like Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and Austin get the Texas share when it comes to state funds. It sucks to say it, but it really appears this way. We are a stinking blue stain at the tip of the most hated red state of the Union... No one gives a rat's @ss that a bunch of Hispanic/Mexicans in the SW are dying, and you can see it in some of the posts here. My single red vote does nothing.

I have not seen or heard what Governor Abbot is doing, thus I cannot affirm that he is not "raising the devil".

Last edited:
    Top Bottom