Gun Zone Deals

How did El Paso Texas get so totally out of control for Covid ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    I just wonder how it got so bad out there to be in this situation

It looks pretty much totally out of control. I wonder if Beto is working as a trauma center helper. I mean he could be emptying bed pans or something useful.
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

Ioannes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    US
    Its a border town maybe? Where I live, Phoenix, they were quietly bringing hundreds of covid patients in from Mexico.

To date I've never stopped in El Paso when going down I-10. The area around the highway gives me the willies, I'm sure the rest is lovely.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Its a border town maybe? Where I live, Phoenix, they were quietly bringing hundreds of covid patients in from Mexico.

To date I've never stopped in El Paso when going down I-10. The area around the highway gives me the willies, I'm sure the rest is lovely.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    No, no its not. I Take I40 back and forth. I avoid all the shit parts of 3 states that an I10 trip would require. Although Phoenix is just as bad anymore and I'm getting to dread my few trips a year home.

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    Actually, Mexico seems to have less cases then El Paso. They are also much stricter about what you can do and the entering establishments. At restaurants, they take your temp and you need to hand sanitize and step into a bleach solution to clean your shoes, apparently. I am in El Paso and some of the people that work for me here go to Juarez frequently. I have only been a few times since Covid stated. It seems one of the main issues is the Hispanic families are huge and when they have "family gatherings" you might have 20-30 people. One of my employees is waiting for test results because 5 family members came over to visit and 3 days later all 5 tested positive.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Actually, Mexico seems to have less cases then El Paso. They are also much stricter about what you can do and the entering establishments. At restaurants, they take your temp and you need to hand sanitize and step into a bleach solution to clean your shoes, apparently. I am in El Paso and some of the people that work for me here go to Juarez frequently. I have only been a few times since Covid stated. It seems one of the main issues is the Hispanic families are huge and when they have "family gatherings" you might have 20-30 people. One of my employees is waiting for test results because 5 family members came over to visit and 3 days later all 5 tested positive.
    That's something I had not thought of. But, I can tell you it is getting desperate out there. I guess I thought the border between USA and Mexico had been closed because of the Chinese virus.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Beto the little bitch, you know, the twat that wants your guns, he is behind it.
    Yea, that's why I asked if he was helping the sick right now. So, he will not be able to come get our guns. I'm just waiting for the day that we see him really go try to get someone's AR-15 himself.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    We are the largest metropolitan city in the area for miles and miles... the next large city to the east is San Antonio, and the next largest west is Tucson/Phoenix. Anyone that needs help, is sent here and registered as a resident/patient.
    We get the sick not only from Mexico, but also from Culberson & Hudspeth County, and southern New Mexico. The media doesn't tell you this though and makes us look bad.

A friend of mine is a nurse at UMC (County), and loannes has it right... People that are sick from Mexico are quietly being transported here. Mexico does not provide for its citizens, and well people that are sick simply want to live... so they come here, and they are not turned away. They are however tallied as an El Pasoan.

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    That's something I had not thought of. But, I can tell you it is getting desperate out there. I guess I thought the border between USA and Mexico had been closed because of the Chinese virus.
    Last couple times I went to Juarez, the Mexicans were doing temperature checks at the border to get into Mexico. You were turned around if you had a fever. The US had no such controls. Been a couple months, so unsure if that is still happening.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    This might explain a lot about this.

El Paso is the medical hub of West Texas and Southern New Mexico, hosting numerous state-of-the-art medical centers. Some of the city's top hospitals include University Medical Center, William Beaumont Army Medical Center, Sierra Medical Center, Las Palmas Medical Center, Del Sol Medical Center, Sierra Providence East Medical Center, El Paso Children's Hospital,[194] and Providence Memorial Hospital. University Medical Center is the only level I trauma center in the region. William Beaumont Army Medical Center will be replaced by a new state of the art $1.2 billion Fort Bliss Replacement Hospital[195] expected to open in 2020.[196] El Paso's newest hospital, The Hospitals of Providence Transmountain Campus opened in Northwest El Paso on January 27, 2017. The 106-bed teaching hospital is a collaboration between Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso and The Hospitals of Providence. The hospitals were strained during the COVID-19 pandemic in Texas, and 10 refrigerated morgue trailers were installed to handle increased mortality.[197][198]

El Paso is also home to the Medical Center of the Americas, an integrated complex of medical facilities anchored by Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center at El Paso, Paul L. Foster School of Medicine, University Medical Center, the El Paso Psychiatric Center and by the El Paso Children's Hospital. It is also the site to the Cardwell Collaborative biomedical research building, the Gayle Greve Hunt School of Nursing, and the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences. The Woody L. Hunt School of Dental Medicine is expected to open in 2021 in the MCA area as well.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    We are the largest metropolitan city in the area for miles and miles... the next large city to the east is San Antonio, and the next largest west is Tucson/Phoenix. Anyone that needs help, is sent here and registered as a resident/patient.
    We get the sick not only from Mexico, but also from Culberson & Hudspeth County, and southern New Mexico. The media doesn't tell you this though and makes us look bad.

A friend of mine is a nurse at UMC (County), and loannes has it right... People that are sick from Mexico are quietly being transported here. Mexico does not provide for its citizens, and well people that are sick simply want to live... so they come here, and they are not turned away. They are however tallied as an El Pasoan.
    Thanks for that information. I did not realize that El Paso hospitals took patients from Mexico, much less New Mexico.

Why don't they set up temporary hospitals such as they did in New York and, I think, in California ?

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    It's not only a hub, but a transportation mid-point, which means you have people stopping there from east and west meeting together.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Thanks for that information. I did not realize that El Paso hospitals took patients from Mexico, much less New Mexico.

Why don't they set up temporary hospitals such as they did in New York and, I think, in California ?

That didn't exactly work out so well, did it? I remember Trump had the Navy's hospital ships moved to New York and off the coast f California, for their use during the Covid 19 crisis, and from what I understand, neither ship was utilized by the governors of both states.

Also look at their death tolls. IIRC, both states placed the highest in number of Covid 19 deaths.

So does it make sense to utilize methods or procedures of two states that miserably failed in helping the save lives, and my their own actions may have contributed to more lives being lost?

Not IMO. Seems they were a lesson in how not to handle a pandemic.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    That didn't exactly work out so well, did it? I remember Trump had the Navy's hospital ships moved to New York and off the coast f California, for their use during the Covid 19 crisis, and from what I understand, neither ship was utilized by the governors of both states.

Also look at their death tolls. IIRC, both states placed the highest in number of Covid 19 deaths.

So does it make sense to utilize methods or procedures of two states that miserably failed in helping the save lives, and my their own actions may have contributed to more lives being lost?

Not IMO. Seems they were a lesson in how not to handle a pandemic.
    The New York hospitals and ship were not used because the number of patients never rose to the level that those were needed.

But it seems that El Paso is definitely overpopulated with patients at the current time.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    the sister in law is a nurse here, while a lot of the cases are El Paso folk, a good deal more are from the surrounding areas (W Texas as well as S NM).

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019

The New York hospitals and ship were not used because the number of patients never rose to the level that those were needed.

But it seems that El Paso is definitely overpopulated with patients at the current time.

Top Bottom