• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    When I was at Hicksville today they said that there were rounds landing in the shooting area that did not originate at the range. WOW.

If one of us were to be struck by a round, I am pretty certain that the local law enforcement would confiscate every firearm on the property for testing to see if it came out of one of them. Could you imagine what a fiasco that would be? It may take a year or more to test that many firearms and return them to their owners.

I may limit what I bring, just in case there is an accident....

How do they know?
    ARJ Defense ad

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Finalists in the dueling tree competition, 2 Buck Marks. Got there by stomping all over tricked out Rugers.

Just sayin.
    I'll run 'em with my new pistola

fbd5b9ab86274deec57228d5045da510.jpg

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Game wardens are federally commissioned. Their jurisdiction extends further than most any other LE agency in Texas, as far as I know... They don't need no stinkin' warrant. :D

“An authorized employee of the department may enter on any land or water where wild game or fish are known to range or stray. No action may be sustained against an employee of the department to prevent his entering on land or water when acting in his official capacity.”

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Fedvand state are separate. But with pretty much the same powers. They can enter anywhere there is gunfire and check for poaching. And enforce any other offense they happen to see as a result.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Ya but the TPWD GWs are federally commissioned so they can enforce federal wildlife laws. And vice versa. GWs don't need to hear gunfire to enter a property.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    Federal game wardens can pretty much do anything is my understanding.....

sent from wait...where am I!?

A DEA officer stops at a ranch in Texas and talks with an old rancher.
    He tells the rancher, “I need to inspect your ranch for illegally grown drugs.”
    The rancher says, “Okay, but don’t go in that field over there,” as he points out the location.
    The DEA officer verbally explodes saying, “Mister, I have the authority of the Federal Government with me!”
    Reaching into his rear pants pocket, he removes his badge and proudly displays it to the rancher.
    “See this fucking badge? This badge means I am allowed to go wherever I wish, on any land! No questions asked or answers given! Have I made myself clear? Do you understand?”
    The rancher nods politely, apologizes, and goes about his chores.
    A short time later, the old rancher hears loud screams and sees the DEA officer running for his life chased by the rancher’s 2,000 pound Santa Gertrudis bull. With every step the bull is gaining ground on the officer, and it seems likely that he’ll get gored before he reaches safety. The officer is clearly terrified. The rancher throws down his tools, runs to the fence and yells at the top of his lungs, “Your badge! Show him your FUCKING BADGE!”

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    It took a while to get out of there, because the crew there is pretty chatty... :)
    I've been known to rent kids from Mickey Ds.

OK kid, when I give the signal, you go into a tantrum and then we'll be able to leave. :p

I bought them all lunch for securing and holding my firearm for me. I happy to see that there are still good people on this earth.
    Kudos.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    When I was at Hicksville today they said that there were rounds landing in the shooting area that did not originate at the range. WOW.

If one of us were to be struck by a round, I am pretty certain that the local law enforcement would confiscate every firearm on the property for testing to see if it came out of one of them. Could you imagine what a fiasco that would be? It may take a year or more to test that many firearms and return them to their owners.

I may limit what I bring, just in case there is an accident....
    And I'm damn certain a LEO better have a warrant or reasonable cause before they confiscate my firearms.

Calming down a little, I think you've exaggerated about confiscating all firearms on site.

Last edited:

nlam01

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    Federal game wardens can pretty much do anything is my understanding.....

sent from wait...where am I!?
    When I lived in CO, I went hunting one year with friends. We saw 2 men do something so stupid we were glad a game warden was actually watching that day. One guy had a cow elk tag. We watched as he not only shot from a road (strictly forbidden) but also shot the bull elk walking up beside her. The game warden came flying down the road in a truck. Both men had to wait for other wardens. They took their guns, their truck, and all their hunting gear. One of the guys asked if he was getting them back, but the warden said "Nope." So, yes, they can do absolutely anything they want if someone does anything illegal.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Last Hicksville update. They have enough new dirt to build 20 foot berms around the shooting areas. That should be good for everyone. There were new piles of dirt everywhere.

They also said that they were going to remove the tactical lane due to the odd firing angles causing problems.

The work will be completed in about two months, because that is how long it will take the bulldozer guy to finish up his other work and make it over there.
    As usual I spent very little time at the firing line and a ton in the BS pen ;)

As such I saw no safety issues but clearly I'm in the minority. In fact the planning committee has been actively discussing safety literally since Sunday and while corrective action has not yet been determined, safety will be addressed before the next meet.

Thank you for the information.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    He did hear it 2nd or 3rd hand.

I clarified my original post to show what I heard, and what I speculated.

I speculated the confiscation of firearms based on watching too many cop shows on TV. Hear me out....
    If someone is at the range, and they are hit or killed by gunfire, and everyone says "I didn't do it", then what does an investigating officer do? Here are 80 people and 300+ firearms that could be suspected in the "accident".
    This scenario just seemed plausible to me.

Sorry about the confusion....

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    they reeeaaallly need to get the tire wall divider for the Texas star all the way to the end of the lane. When resetting the target, you have to walk all the way down range and there's an open gap at each end where lead and copper jacket fragment from the steel target and berm from the lanes on both sides of the texas star lane will fly through and sting you bad.

Top Bottom