• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sb47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    I have raced everything with 2,3 and 4 wheels for most of my life.
    Back in the 80’s three wheelers were all the rage and everyone wanted one.
    Problem was that particular ATV was somewhat unstable.
    Most bought them and without any training what so ever the just jumped on and hit the gas and hopped for the best. Most never wore and protection, including a helmet. Then they let there kids ride like maniacs and when something went wrong and someone got hurt because they didn’t understand how to ride one correctly and safely.

So what happened? They were band and put out of production. Why? Because these idiots wanted to blame someone else for there stupidity and sue the manufacture.

Everyone wants to blame someone else instead of manning up and being responcible for there own actions.

Here is an example.
    quad jump - YouTube
    Military Camp

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Everyone wants to blame someone else instead of manning up and being responcible for there own actions.

You said it right there. Responsible for OUR OWN actions. Someone didn't read the instructions, it's on them.

Banning them was stupid, just like the thought that anyone should tell me what protective gear I have to wear as an adult is stupid.

Hearing protection at the range is good, I totally agree. It prevents hearing loss when I shoot. Should it be law, hell no! Same with helmets. Adults make decisions and suffer the consequences. Don't need some nanny state BS law to tell us what is "safe enough".

That how you end up with limits on the size of a soft drink and fake butter that tastes like crap and won't melt on your toast.

It's plain and simple. We are supposed to be a free people and that means we are supposed to be able to do things even if YOU think it's stupid.

Don't try to tell me how to live my life and I won't tell you how to love yours. If you wanna whine and cry about tax money or whatever go to section 8 housing and yell at the guy with more cable channels than you and a nicer car in the driveway living on your dime. Quite using it as a BS excuse to push something that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Life, Liberty, and pursuit of happiness. If that PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS takes place on a Harley with no helmet then so be it. If that's what makes me feel ALIVE then leave me alone. That's what LIBERTY is all about.

Last edited:

sb47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    You said it right there. Responsible for OUR OWN actions. Someone didn't read the instructions, it's on them.

Banning them was stupid, just like the thought that anyone should tell me what protective gear I have to wear as an adult is stupid.

Hearing protection at the range is good, I totally agree. It prevents hearing loss when I shoot. Should it be law, hell no! Same with helmets. Adults make decisions and suffer the consequences. Don't need some nanny state BS law to tell us what is "safe enough".

That how you end up with limits on the size of a soft drink and fake butter that tastes like crap and won't melt on your toast.

It's plain and simple. We are supposed to be a free people and that means we are supposed to be able to do things even if YOU think it's stupid.

Don't try to tell me how to live my life and I won't tell you how to love yours. If you wanna whine and cry about tax money or whatever go to section 8 housing and yell at the guy with more cable channels than you and a nicer car in the driveway living on your dime. Quite using it as a BS excuse to push something that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Life, Liberty, and pursuit of happiness. If that PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS takes place on a Harley with no helmet then so be it. If that's what makes me feel ALIVE then leave me alone. That's what LIBERTY is all about.

It’s become clear to me that you just want justification for disregarding your own safety and probably others as well.
    I can also see they you just don’t get it.
    I tought you said you were through with this thread, but you keep posting the same thing over and over. I don’t agree with the government telling us how to live our lives, but with bone heads like you someone needs to step in, if not for your sake, but for others.
    They put safety labels on just about everything for a reason, because people do the stupidest things that anyone with common since would know better.
    These warning are meant for bone heads like you that lack the common since to know better.
    Your reckless action does have consequences, not just to you but everyone as a whole.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    We are free as long as it falls into the freedom boundaries set by gov... Sad but true.

I've always said: "If you think that you're free, try tugging on your leash!"

Flash

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    They put safety labels on just about everything for a reason, because people do the stupidest things that anyone with common since would know better.
    These warning are meant for bone heads like you that lack the common since to know better.
    Your reckless action does have consequences, not just to you but everyone as a whole.

....and I'm sick and tired of others trying to tell ME to live within THEIR boundaries. Period.

Don't wanna wear a helmet? I do, but because I CHOOSE to. You're free to do as you wish. I'll encourage you to wear one, I'll razz you good-naturedly about doing so - but in the end, it's YOUR choice.

Don't wanna wear a seat belt? Again - YOUR choice, YOUR consequences.

LEAVE ME ALONE - LET me make MY choices, and stop trying to regulate everything that YOU think makes us "safer". Because if you don't stop, eventually they'll outlaw guns for the same reason - and NO ONE will protest, because they've all drank the "safer" Kool-Aid.

ENOUGH!

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    It’s become clear to me that you just want justification for disregarding your own safety and probably others as well.
    I tought you said you were through with this thread, but you keep posting the same thing over and over. I don’t agree with the government telling us how to live our lives, but with bone heads like you someone needs to step in, if not for your sake, but for others.
    Ok, seems like you agree with the govt forcing me to wear a helmet. And the justification is that I am endangering myself and others(???) and if I hurt my head you will have to pay my doctor bills and support me the rest of your life...correct me on any point if I am wrong.

So where do you stand on the following GOVT rules:

Size of drink I can buy

How much salt allowed on my french fries

I cannot have my son circumcised

Not more than 7 rounds in any weapons magazine

NO bayonet lug on my rifle (I fully support this as during the Klinton AWB there was NOT one single bayoneting that occurred, guess it worked:rolleyes: )

No folding stocking (support that one too, went ten years and never crushed my finger in that nasty old folding stock thingy)

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

I don't want justification for anything. If you look back at my posts you will see that I have stated several times that I would not ride with out a helmet. However I do support the right of others to do so. I guess this could be taken to mean I have no regard for their safety but it's actually because I have a very high regard for their personal freedoms.

You are the one who bears the burden of justification for the infringement on someones personal freedoms and your emotional reasoning is not adequate justification.

No, I don't "get" it. I don't get why You feel you have the right to tell ME how to live my life.

I tought you said you were through with this thread, but you keep posting the same thing over and over.

That I did. I keep posting the same thing because this is not complicated. I will continue to post in this thread because I support the rights of others to choose and don't like the idea of a nanny state government telling ME how to live MY life.

I don’t agree with the government telling us how to live our lives, but with bone heads like you someone needs to step in, if not for your sake, but for others.

I think what you meant to say was "I don't agree with the government telling people how to live their lives as long as they live their lives in a way that I agree with"

I see you have resorted to personal attacks....awesome.

Safety labels are not laws and the subject is unrelated. And they do put warnings everywhere stating that it's safer to wear a helmet so even those with out common sense can make an educated decision.

Another personal attack <yawn>

Once again, I wouldn't ride with out a helmet so what are these horrible reckless acts I am committing?

MY actions do have consequences and they are the consequences I will have to deal with. You have given no evidence of these consequences effecting anyone else except for exaggerated claims of hospitals shutting down. The emotional implications of others are irrelevant. Sorry if that sounds too cold for you but that's life.

I don’t agree with the government telling us how to live our lives, but with bone heads like you someone needs to step in, if not for your sake, but for others.

This one line says more about you than anything else you have posted on the forum. You think you support freedom and personal liberty but if you do a little soul searching I think you will be disappointed with what you find.

You are all for freedom as long as we all live the way YOU think we should live. And that little snip at the end "but for others", that has about as much validity as the "if we can save just one child" argument.

sb47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    I don't want justification for anything. If you look back at my posts you will see that I have stated several times that I would not ride with out a helmet. However I do support the right of others to do so. I guess this could be taken to mean I have no regard for their safety but it's actually because I have a very high regard for their personal freedoms.

You are the one who bears the burden of justification for the infringement on someones personal freedoms and your emotional reasoning is not adequate justification.

No, I don't "get" it. I don't get why You feel you have the right to tell ME how to live my life.

That I did. I keep posting the same thing because this is not complicated. I will continue to post in this thread because I support the rights of others to choose and don't like the idea of a nanny state government telling ME how to live MY life.

I think what you meant to say was "I don't agree with the government telling people how to live their lives as long as they live their lives in a way that I agree with"

I see you have resorted to personal attacks....awesome.

Safety labels are not laws and the subject is unrelated. And they do put warnings everywhere stating that it's safer to wear a helmet so even those with out common sense can make an educated decision.

Another personal attack <yawn>

Once again, I wouldn't ride with out a helmet so what are these horrible reckless acts I am committing?

MY actions do have consequences and they are the consequences I will have to deal with. You have given no evidence of these consequences effecting anyone else except for exaggerated claims of hospitals shutting down. The emotional implications of others are irrelevant. Sorry if that sounds too cold for you but that's life.

This one line says more about you than anything else you have posted on the forum. You think you support freedom and personal liberty but if you do a little soul searching I think you will be disappointed with what you find.

You are all for freedom as long as we all live the way YOU think we should live. And that little snip at the end "but for others", that has about as much validity as the "if we can save just one child" argument.

Look I’m glad you wear a helmet when you ride; it shows you have some common since and you understand that there are consequences and benefits to doing so.

But comparing the size of a soft drink to the safety of wearing a helmet when you ride is a ridiculous comparison.

I do agree that there are laws that are totally ridiculous and should never have been written or enforced.

But a mandatory helmet law is one of those laws does have merit weather anyone agrees with it or not.

America, is the land of the free and home of the brave. But being free doesn’t mean you’re free to do anything you see fit just because you feel your freedoms are being stepped on by some law or lack of common since.

Freedom doesn’t mean you’re free to disregard everything and everyone.
    Freedom has consequences, both positive and negative.

I’m glad we live in a country where we can freely express our views, liberties and rites without persecution.
    But there must be some consideration as to how much freedom is free and a there should be a balance between the two.

Laws and regulations are designed to make us stop and think for a moment that maybe we should rethink before we act.

If it’s a law, then we should abide by them even though we don’t agree with them.
    Freedom gives us the rites to challenge such a law but not disregard them and only choose to abide with what we agree with.

If you disagree with a law then you have a rite to go through the proper legal steps to try and change them. But until the law is changed, as a true American we must follow them until we can change them.

It’s a majority ruled society, a democratic society, where the majority rules. Or at least it started out that way, but law makers have been and still do sometimes disregard the majority and push there agenda through regardless of the majority intentions.

That’s where the real fight for freedom still exist.
    Freedom is a never ending challenge we must continue to fight for, and probably always will.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Look I’m glad you wear a helmet when you ride; it shows you have some common since and you understand that there are consequences and benefits to doing so.

You are assuming that others who choose not to wear a helmet do not understand the consequences they could face. This is a ridiculous assumption and an insult the the intelligence of those people. I could say that common sense entails knowing the difference between "sense" and "since".

But comparing the size of a soft drink to the safety of wearing a helmet when you ride is a ridiculous comparison.

Both are based on the same principle, that gov knows best.

I do agree that there are laws that are totally ridiculous and should never have been written or enforced.

So the laws that YOU disagree with should never have been written, but things we are allowed to do that you disagree with need to be banned?

But a mandatory helmet law is one of those laws does have merit weather anyone agrees with it or not.

We keep hearing the same thing about UBCs and registration, gun free zones, etc. Your trying to pick and choose your freedoms.

America, is the land of the free and home of the brave. But being free doesn’t mean you’re free to do anything you see fit just because you feel your freedoms are being stepped on by some law or lack of common since.

No, we should be free to do anything that doesn't infringe on the rights of others though. Riding without a helmet does not have the effect.

Freedom doesn’t mean you’re free to disregard everything and everyone.

And no one has advocated doing that.

Freedom has consequences, both positive and negative.

Exactly, and one of those consequences is that people may do things you don't like.

I’m glad we live in a country where we can freely express our views, liberties and rites without persecution.
    But there must be some consideration as to how much freedom is free and a there should be a balance between the two.

Laws and regulations are designed to make us stop and think for a moment that maybe we should rethink before we act.

If it’s a law, then we should abide by them even though we don’t agree with them.
    Freedom gives us the rites to challenge such a law but not disregard them and only choose to abide with what we agree with.

Laws have power as long as people support them, helmet laws are not going to be the tipping point for a revolution and no one has advocated disobeying the law. However, if someone has the means to deal with the consequences of say, a seat belt ticket, then I don't see how you can say they have to wear it. They make the choice to not wear it and pay the ticket when it comes in, or deal with the consequences of not paying.

If you disagree with a law then you have a rite to go through the proper legal steps to try and change them. But until the law is changed, as a true American we must follow them until we can change them.

People did disagree and the helmet law was changed.

It’s a majority ruled society, a democratic society, where the majority rules. Or at least it started out that way[, but law makers have been and still do sometimes disregard the majority and push there agenda through regardless of the majority intentions.

I think you meant to say Democratic Republic. Big difference.

That’s where the real fight for freedom still exist.
    Freedom is a never ending challenge we must continue to fight for, and probably always will.

Yes, and letting the government encroach on personal freedoms such as this, or the size of soft drinks, what we can eat, etc, is losing ground in that fight. Things always start small with little "common sense" laws. then when those don't do enough they go after the next thing, and the next, and the next, until you can't do anything without the gov regulating when and how you do it.

MY safety is MY responsibility, not the govs.

Top Bottom