• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bk17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2022
    Michigan for now
    Hi everyone.
    My names Brad and currently I am freezing my rear off in Michigan. I joined Texas Gun Talk cause I am hoping to move to Texas this year. Already planning a trip with my wife and daughter this spring to kinda see the terrain, take in some sites and meet the locals. Won't be my first time in Texas buts it's been many years.
    As yall probably assumed I do love my 2A. Target shooting, collecting, hunting, and starting to get into formal training classes. Of course none as much I as would like but it makes it that much better when I can.
    Mainly joined to gain knowledge on Texas, possible places to live and gun laws and eventually where to take some good classes. Believe it or not Michigan is a pretty gun friendly state but I am sure Texas is too.

bk17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2022
    Michigan for now
    Currently I am maintenance manager in a small manufacturing plant, have my A and P license I went to school for and never used, haha.
    I haven't had the pleasure of a texas summer but have spent time in Phoenix AZ, mobile AL, Tampa FL and around Atlanta GA in summer time visiting family or just traveling.
    Hoping to narrow my search down to a region this spring in that gaint piece of land they call Texas and I will be back in the summer, home shopping hopefully.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Very nice intro Brad. It sure is nice to welcome someone who is here to interact with us instead of just to sell something.

I spent some time in the UP. Long enough to know I don’t want to go back, but I miss the pasties and enjoyed the fishing.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    3ABD1D22-175B-4D3D-9CCB-DBC2F34BACC5.jpeg
    So, where in M!ch!gan do you live?

bk17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2022
    Michigan for now
    Yeah the UP is beautiful but you better like snow and long cold winters. it is almost like a different state, different accent and all.
    I am currently out by Lansing among the corn and soy fields so lower middle palm. originally from metro Detroit, closer to your thumb. Northern lower peninsula is awesome in the summer, many, many good memories there, (yeah kid rock was right to make a song about it). Now its time to find that country land that doesn't fill with snow for half the year and make new good memories.
    and thanks for all the welcomes, nice to see there are still friendly people around these days.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Yeah the UP is beautiful but you better like snow and long cold winters. it is almost like a different state, different accent and all.
    I am currently out by Lansing among the corn and soy fields so lower middle palm. originally from metro Detroit, closer to your thumb. Northern lower peninsula is awesome in the summer, many, many good memories there, (yeah kid rock was right to make a song about it). Now its time to find that country land that doesn't fill with snow for half the year and make new good memories.
    and thanks for all the welcomes, nice to see there are still friendly people around these days.
    On my bucket list to see the up

bk17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2022
    Michigan for now
    I do recommend it, if you like the outdoors you can spend lots of time just seeing the old forest, the coast lines, waters and history of trapping and logging. hiking, backpacking, canoe/kayaking, two tracking, etc. just don't plan on swimming in lake superior unless you like cold ass water, even in middle of summer.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom